Things I like because I'm a cyclist. No. 2 Cleo Messograf Pen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
This is truly a work of genius.

Cleo-Messograf.jpg

It is a great little chrome-plated brass bodied ballpoint pen which, if you put one of those clever pressurised refills in, will write in lots of cyclist friendly ways; on damp paper, upside down, and when it is very cold. But so what? That could be true of many ballpoints.

No. The real genius for the cyclist is that it is both a metric/imperial ruler and an internal/external caliper gauge with a Clive Tavernier accurate to to .1mm. And who doesn't love a vernier gauge?

If you are anything like me you run a fleet of bikes. That fleet of bikes uses a variety of steerer sizes, stem lengths, and bar diameters. If you are anything like me you can't remember which is which but with this little beauty you can measure components and write the results down somewhere before going off to the LBS or interwebs for a spot of shopping.

Oh yeah, and because it is brass it won't mess with your compass when you are scribbling a bearing on a map. Because you are old school and use a magnetic compass and paper maps. In the rain. You know it makes sense.

Top Bottom