Things or people that annoy you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When shopping in a local supermarket this evening I did my usual trick of leaving my walking stick hanging off a shelf as I looked at items. I realised I'd left it on my way out and went back to find it. It wasn't there. I asked the staff to keep an eye out for it and went back later this evening to see if it'd turned up. It hadn't, so we have to assume someone's has taken it. I won't say 'stole' as they might've thought it was their's....but i doubt it. To steal take something that someone relies on to get around is pretty poor in my book!! :thumbsdown:

Edit...It was my second best one as well!! Brass tipped and 'hand carved'. The skanks won't be putting that on the local lost and found facebook page that's for sure. I bet it ends up on fleabay!!🧐
disgusting behaviour - sometimes it is just 'people' that annoy me

then someone else will do something and I will realise it is just 'some people'
a bit like driving - you notice the moron in the expensive German car that undertakes and tailgates
but the other person in an expensive German car driving to Advanced standard doesn;t attract your notice becuase they are not a risk

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Mark Selby, the snooker player. He is a brilliant player but he is so boring to watch. He just plays so slow, nearly as bad as Peter Ebdon.

Made a bit of a fool of myself in the gym tonight. I was doing bar bell single leg lunges and lost my balance and as I did so unbalanced the weights on the bar…. Bars tips, weight falls off and hits the floor, then otherside goes. Really annoyed with myself for forgetting to put the grips on the side to stop it.

I did go on to redeem myself with a few sets afterwards!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hate it when people who already have more than others still get jealous & spiteful of people. Those people who aren’t happy unless they see others suffering or struggling so they can feel good about themselves.
I have a 'friend' who seems jealous of my life. When I say friend he's more a texting friend than someone I socialize with. I know him from the gym I used to go to. He's ok sometimes, but then gets a bee in his bonnet about me getting disability and PIP allowance. He'll text me from his place of work (tele' sales) saying stuff like "I'm sat here working while you're doing f....all for your money"! I want to get on disability like you, how do I do it"! I tend to either change the subject or not reply. This bloke is 37 (whereas I'm 61), living with his parents almost rent free he told me and thinks nothing of spending 70 quid on a night out. When I was his age I was lifting and rolling barrels around in a brewery loading depot, paying off a mortgage etc yet he seems to have a problem with how I live now. It's like me being jealous of someone in their 80's. How sad is that I ask!

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
I have a 'friend' who seems jealous of my life. When I say friend he's more a texting friend than someone I socialize with. I know him from the gym I used to go to. He's ok sometimes, but then gets a bee in his bonnet about me getting disability and PIP allowance. He'll text me from his place of work (tele' sales) saying stuff like "I'm sat here working while you're doing f....all for your money"! I want to get on disability like you, how do I do it"! I tend to either change the subject or not reply. This bloke is 37 (whereas I'm 61), living with his parents almost rent free he told me and thinks nothing of spending 70 quid on a night out. When I was his age I was lifting and rolling barrels around in a brewery loading depot, paying off a mortgage etc yet he seems to have a problem with how I live now. It's like me being jealous of someone in their 80's. How sad is that I ask!
Toxic A hole for sure. :rolleyes:

mustang1

Guru
I was talking to some friends about the demise of the glorious days of nice engine sounds and it got me thinking about some conversations I used to have:

When someone has a BMW 325 with a 3.0 engine instead of a 2.5, and then they say they really have a 330.
When someone says a Taycan Turbo does not even have a turbo.
When someone says a carrera now has a turbo therefore it's really a 911 Turbo.
When I told the guy at school that his XR3i does 0-60 in 9 or 10 seconds and he said "yeah but I can make it in 5 seconds if I tried" (a 911 turbo at the time did it in 5 seconds).
When someone tells me they bought a £100k Mercedes for only £5k (no, it might have cost 100k some years ago, but you got a 5k car because it's market value now is 5k).

yello

People (and dogs) in my case who live to eat, rather than eat to live. My dog as I post is just staring at me, gagging for more food.:stop:
Ours has started geting anxious and hassling around food time, and seems constantly on the lookout for fallen bread crumbs etc. Every rustle of paper or plastic is interpreted as food for her. It's getting a little tiresome. She's the ideal weight. Maybe worms?

Could equally be boredom. I know I eat when I'm bored so why shouldn't a dog!

yello

Hmmm, I want to get something off my chest. It's bugged me for years.

I was at a fete type thing, loads of people and market stalls etc. I was walking down an aisle between stalls and saw a largish, older guy with a walking stick coming towards me. There was also a pinch point between us, where one stall had a display stand out front. I quick stepped forward past the display stand and ducked back in to let him past.

He shoulder barged me (coming off worse I might add, I wasn't as big as him but I was more stable) and then he had a go at me; accusing me of having no respect for the disabled and couldn't I have waited. I was dumbfounded.

I did what I did precisley out of respect, out of awareness for him, otherwise we would have met at the pinch point. I wanted to avoid it being a difficulty for him. OK, I get it. Having a cane 24/7 would take a toll on your daily well-being and mental state, and perhaps he was having a bad day, but the fact is he tried to barge me. I find it difficult to have anything other than contempt for that.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Hmmm, I want to get something off my chest. It's bugged me for years.

I was at a fete type thing, loads of people and market stalls etc. I was walking down an aisle between stalls and saw a largish, older guy with a walking stick coming towards me. There was also a pinch point between us, where one stall had a display stand out front. I quick stepped forward past the display stand and ducked back in to let him past.

He shoulder barged me (coming off worse I might add, I wasn't as big as him but I was more stable) and then he had a go at me; accusing me of having no respect for the disabled and couldn't I have waited. I was dumbfounded.

I did what I did precisley out of respect, out of awareness for him, otherwise we would have met at the pinch point. I wanted to avoid it being a difficulty for him. OK, I get it. Having a cane 24/7 would take a toll on your daily well-being and mental state, and perhaps he was having a bad day, but the fact is he tried to barge me. I find it difficult to have anything other than contempt for that.
I'd guess that he was probably a bit of a twit before he needed the stick.

mustang1

Guru
Phone alarm problem.

When things work, the alarm comes on at 5:05 and I shut it off.

When things do not work: it's 5:04 and the alarm is about to come any second now (at 5:05). I want to switch it off before the alarm comes on but just as I activate the phone from "sleep", the alarm comes on. Now the phone is completely puzzled. It does not allow me to switch the screen on. When the screen does come on, it's frozen. While the phone alarm is bleating it's head off and I cannot switch it off, I wrap the phone in the pillow to muffle the noise as I scramble out of bed, down the stairs and stay there for a minute while the phone alarm eventually dies.

Stupid friggin' thing. (And luckily I use fat pillows that are good at muffling the alarm sound).

Top Bottom