Things that don't belong in a Garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Old mattresses and fridges.
EDIT: Apologies. Better people than me beat me to it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have trampolines been mentioned yet? They are bad enough when new and being used, but when they become abandoned with torn side netting and rusty frames and sometimes used to dry the washing on, they become a horrible sight!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There was a rusting very old Ford Zephyr (1970 H reg' I think) in the front garden of a local council house for years. In fact it might still be there. Not only was it rusting, it was also covered in moss and mold and even had trees growing out of it. It'd also sank half a wheel into the turf, it'd been there that long. What happened to the now a housing association's tenancy agreement about keeping your home up to acceptable standards I wonder? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The species R.ponticum is invasive. Garden varieties are not.

I learn something new here every day. I was not aware of that as most were introduced to gardens on large estates.

Chislenko

Veteran
i would say those pictures are more of settes being thrown out for new ones rather than put out for summer seating....it does cost money to get them removed and some people cant afford that money. so they put them outside, hoping that they will be taken by someone else within a few days........but it does look a mess

Yes they were just example photos I could find on the net.

I have on my walks seen a number of settees which are permanently stationed in people's front gardens for them to sit out during the summer.

How can I delicately put this without offending anyone, they are usually to be found in the front gardens of houses which are rented from the local authority and where the people have a lot of time on their hands to sit out and drink cans.

Top Bottom