Things that don't belong in a Garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yes they were just example photos I could find on the net.

I have on my walks seen a number of settees which are permanently stationed in people's front gardens for them to sit out during the summer.

How can I delicately put this without offending anyone, they are usually to be found in the front gardens of houses which are rented from the local authority and where the people have a lot of time on their hands to sit out and drink cans.

not much delicacey in there im afraid......but a good dose of stereo typing.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Ballerinas

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Artificial hanging baskets

or even worse...
6u45-s9ELttS24pduzeS4_Rfr1CBhR12F5-tTYINE&usqp=CAU.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
Quite fancy a Sequoia sempervirens myself. They seem to thrive in fairly British climates, no?

We have several mature sequoias in the formal gardens of the place that I work (Oxon/Berks border). It was originally a privately-owned estate and the gardens contain a number of imported specimens, a display of wealth from the end of the Victorian age.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yes they were just example photos I could find on the net.

I have on my walks seen a number of settees which are permanently stationed in people's front gardens for them to sit out during the summer.

How can I delicately put this without offending anyone, they are usually to be found in the front gardens of houses which are rented from the local authority and where the people have a lot of time on their hands to sit out and drink cans.

Yep very often they have a Dyson out there too, presumably so they can hoover up the ash from their spliffs. :whistle:

people who watch footie on a tv outside getting pissed and assume the whole street wants to hear the broadcast

I don't mind the thwack of leather on willow coming from my neighbour's wireless radiogramme , or the ping of felt on cat-gut. What ruins it is the asynchronous DAB broadcast of lagging echos. Can we PLEASE listen to analogue radio in our gardens!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom