Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Don't really agree with that first para am afraid. Lots and lots of folk cycle and you can't generalise about their attitudes. No more than you can say gay folk are nice folk. On cycling, tech help on ctc is superlative, i virtually never stray into the current affairs or cafe bits.

I’m not saying that all the members are left leaning, it’s just if you do read the political threads the feel of the forum is much more liberal than I’ve been used to on motorcycle forums.

Why does it take longer to make a table on Xcel/Calc by the time you've corrected all the things it tries to change, add, subtract and reformat, than it does to write the numbers on paper?

MntnMan62

Über Member
How people put labels on other people when they only have one small bit of information about that person, that small bit of information being a single sentence post on an internet forum.

And there you have a perfect example of said ridiculousness. By the way, I'm no Liberal.....
Unless what he said was in jest?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
No idea, I haven't cleaned a car myself for years. why bother when our local hand car wash is a fiver.
I let the rain clean mine. Doesn’t do it any harm.

Anyone who invests large amounts of time and money in a car is bonkers. They are almost always a depreciating assets.
There’s a normal 3 bed semi near me with a new Bentley and an S class Merc on the drive. The cars are worth about half the value of the house, but are depreciating rapidly. It makes no sense to me, just buy a bigger house which will at worst hold it value.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

Anyone who invests large amounts of time and money in a car is bonkers. They are almost always a depreciating assets.
There’s a normal 3 bed semi near me with a new Bentley and an S class Merc on the drive. The cars are worth about half the value of the house, but are depreciating rapidly. It makes no sense to me, just buy a bigger house which will at worst hold it value.
People who've never got beyond a seven year old's 'look at me! look at me!' mentality. I quite liked a comment in an interview with Mel Brooks's son, who said his dad always drove him to school in the family's 15 year old Honda Accord, saying "Make your fortune, sure - but don't drive it past people who are hungry."

Gunk

Guru

they are obviously into their cars, if that makes them happy why judge them?

Top Bottom