Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Cars in films/TV programmes. Even if they are supposed to be auld bangers in the roughest part of town, every car you see has a gleaming windscreen. Not just cars either. You never see that windscreen-wiper arch you see on EVERY car/bus/van/wagon out there when it's on telly/cinema. Realism is ranked highly with the production team but one thing they have little or no control over are the vehicles. They clearly have to rent them all from the stock of vehicles the production company has (to represent the time or country the drama is set in) or just rented from Avis or someone if it's a contemporary thing and all such companies pride themselves on renting out CLEAN vehicles. The production team NEVER think, 'Oh, let's add some realism to the scene by making the car/van/wagon look as though they all look in reality.'

mustang1

Guru
The fact that something has bothered me and by the time I get to this thread, I forget what it is.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Cars in films/TV programmes.
The amount of times I've seen a car skid on a dirt road, and the over-dubbed audio is making a rubber on tarmac screech! And motorbikes are even worse. I've seen films where the rider is riding a 600cc inline 4, but what we hear through the audio ranges from a 125 single to a 500 twin. Why not at least use the correct sound for the correct bike :cursing:

PaulB

Legendary Member
The amount of times I've seen a car skid on a dirt road, and the over-dubbed audio is making a rubber on tarmac screech! And motorbikes are even worse. I've seen films where the rider is riding a 600cc inline 4, but what we hear through the audio ranges from a 125 single to a 500 twin. Why not at least use the correct sound for the correct bike :cursing:
And although this very rarely happens in real life, if a car is overturned in the fillums, it always explodes. Always.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Lust looking at my bottle of extra virgin olive oil as i sit here in my kitchen,i thought back to October 1992 when me and the former Mrs Accy went to Corfu on holiday. We brought back a bottle of the stuff with us. The following bonfire night my 'had a few too many' friend poured some of this olive oil into his vodka by mistake,thinking it was lime cordial.:giggle: Anyway,my question to myself is why bring olive oil back from a country when you can buy the stuff here in Britain?!🤔 :rolleyes:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Lust looking at my bottle of extra virgin olive oil as i sit here in my kitchen,i thought back to October 1992 when me and the former Mrs Accy went to Corfu on holiday. We brought back a bottle of the stuff with us. The following bonfire night my 'had a few too many' friend poured some of this olive oil into his vodka by mistake,thinking it was lime cordial.:giggle: Anyway,my question to myself is why bring olive oil back from a country when you can buy the stuff here in Britain?!🤔 :rolleyes:
You were got at by the Ouso fairies:cheers:

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have been running out of things that have bothered me for a long time, so I thought about the other song my granny used to sing us:

My old man said follow the van
And don't dilly-dally on the way
Off went the cart with the home packed in it
I walked behind with me old <what?>
But I dillied and I dallied
And I dallied and I dillied
Lost the van and don't know where to roam
<something I could never remember>
And I can't find my way home.

It turns out she was walking behind with her "old cock linnet". A linnet is a species of bird, apparently. Personally, I can't remember ever seeing one. Did people keep linnets so often in them days that the line would make sense?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Fruit and vegetables sold by the 'each', rather than by weight really bothers me- eg 6 apples for £1.50, aubergines 68p each, when size and weight can vary so much. Same for baking potatoes. I have suspicion that the retailer benefits from this practise, not the customer :angry:

mustang1

Guru
A thing that has bothered me for a long time is when i am out and about and remember something that bothers me, by the time i get to updating this thread, I've forgotten all about it.

The fact that I have a short memory.

I dont think a lot of things actually bother me but if i was the type of person that would be bothered about stuff, then those are the things that may bother me.

Top Bottom