Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why do so many adverts feature lesbians kissing? Are advertisers trying to be socially progressive or are they just trying to sneak in some girl on girl action?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Why do so many adverts feature lesbians kissing? Are advertisers trying to be socially progressive or are they just trying to sneak in some girl on girl action?
What percentage? Still not very representative.
i do worry that a lady/lady kiss is far more acceptable to the general public than a Man/man kiss.
a bit sad really.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Driving towards a parked up transit type van today with one of those fitted frames for carrying double glazing i noticed the bottom of the frame that sticks out the most didn't have luminous chevron type tape on. I've noticed this quite a lot over the years. These things stick out about 12 to 14 inches i'd say. I find them annoying bordering on hazardous,especially when the owner of the van doesn't make an effort to let approaching traffic see the thing! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Why do Lidl charge more for sardines in brine than they do for sardines in tomato sauce?
Possibly that the sardines in brine have to look nicer so are a higher grade. Whole fish with no bits missing
The ones in tomato sauce don’t have to look as good so will be a lower grade.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not for 'a long time',but since about 4 o clock this afternoon. I was up the local park this aft' with my mutt. In the space of a minute or so 6 large dogs came into the park,not all owned by one person. I immediately picked little mutt up for obvious safety to him reasons. The dogs weren't aggressive,more boisterous,but that could've turned into aggression. I was talking to a woman with a dog at the time. My mutt became agitated and was showing some little man/banty rooster syndrome. He was barking at the dogs as much out of 'let me at 'em' as keep away from me. Anyway,as these dogs dispersed as i was putting him back on the floor he bit my thumb and hard at that. My immediate reaction was to give him a back hander. It wasn't a hard one,just a swipe of the hand. The woman i was talking to didn't seem too pleased. She didn't say anything when i said he had to be checked,which i took as her not being happy with me whacking him,but she didn't want to say so. Since it happened it's been playing on my mind. I mentioned it to another woman in the park later on and she agreed that dogs have to know who's boss. Was i right in whacking my mutt? 🤔 He's only small,so people seeing such an act will probably think 'Look at that brute whacking that cute little doggie':ohmy:,but he's a right little git at times,but they don't see it!

Edit...He was ok afterwards by the way. He carried on as normal and still had a little snap at me later. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ken Dodd. Just listening to the local radio phone in,the subject of tax avoidance came up. The radio presenter seems to think 'Doddy' was ok for avoiding,not evading income and inheritance tax. He was gloating about Ken Dodd marrying his partner on his death bed to avoid her losing millions in inheritance tax. I find this annoying that that people think of Dodd as a 'loveable Scouser' blah blah. He was a tax avoider/evader and not at all funny,in my opinion!! :thumbsdown:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Does the @~#! Bush have a striking resemblance to Phones off Stingray? 🤔

1603065033133.png

1603064961408.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Why does an 'Eco' wash on the washing machine take way longer than a normal wash at the same temperature?

Not very 'eco' when it'll use more electricity.
Usually less water, eco friendly, used than a normal wash cycle.

Temperature, water used and time taken being three things to consider. Amount of detergent, to a lesser extent.

mustang1

Guru
People who continuously change their mind.
People who involve themselves in other's business.
People who have one rule for themselves and another for everyone else.
People who thrive on chaos.
People who glorify themselves.
The media who have no bite.

Top Bottom