Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
When a car is pulling out of a parking space and the driver in front of me wants to park in the soon-to-be-vacant parking space, the driver who wants to park will wait there for ages thus causing a queue behind him, and without a worry in the world.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When me and brother were young children our dad encouraged us to play with toy guns and Action Men,build dens,make bows and arrows,make model airplanes,watch war films,mirror shine our shoes,have crew cut haircuts,never look scruffy etc etc. He'd done his national service and was a stickler for discipline,yet when i wanted to join the scouts,join the Sea Cadets and do Kung Fu (popular in the mid 70's) lessons he wouldn't let me. Then when nearing the end of secondary school i toyed with the idea of joining the army,after all those years of Action Man,toy guns etc. My dad put me off the idea. I've always wondered why!🤔 I've always thought that by him not letting me mix with other children of the same interests it affected me in later life and still does.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In the lift of my local health centre there's a sign that bothers me. It says words to the affect of every Wednesday we test our fire alarm between 10am and 11am. If you hear the alarm go off do not panic as we're only testing the alarm and there isn't an actual fire.
What bothers me is that if the alarm goes off on a Wednesday,due to a real fire between those hours people will just think "Oh,it's not a real fire,they're only testing the alarm". Meanwhile the health centre's version of Towering Inferno is taking place!! :unsure:

Milkfloat

An Peanut

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not a long time,in fact about 25 minutes. I can hear some people calling out a dog's name outside my flat. I live next to a very busy road,even though thankfully it's quiet around this time. I hope they find the dog before it gets run over!
Brought this to mind, from a local FB group this evening:

1603409068952.png

A while later, this appeared:

1603409176242.png

Hooray!

Have to say, well done to the 'young black lab' finding his way back - from Ally Pally to Inderwick is a complicated journey of a mile and a half through busy streets and crossing main roads. Them's impressive homing instincts. I was once told labs are none too bright as dogs go, but it looks like I was misinformed.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Brought this to mind, from a local FB group this evening:

View attachment 554038

A while later, this appeared:

View attachment 554039

Hooray!

Have to say, well done to the 'young black lab' finding his way back - from Ally Pally to Inderwick is a complicated journey of a mile and a half through busy streets and crossing main roads. Them's impressive homing instincts. I was once told labs are none too bright as dogs go, but it looks like I was misinformed.
I noticed the bit about the black Lab wearing a dayglo green light attached. I always have a harness or coat with reflective piping on my mutt at night time. He's not the type to run off,but if he wandered into the road while i'm for example emptying my car i hope he will be seen by any traffic.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I buy one or two bananas at a local supermarket more or less every day. You have to press the letter B on the self service screen,then fruit and veg' items beginning with B pop up. What bothers me is what happens if you can't spell banana? 🤔

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I buy one or two bananas at a local supermarket more or less every day. You have to press the letter B on the self service screen,then fruit and veg' items beginning with B pop up. What bothers me is what happens if you can't spell banana? 🤔
It’s usually a picture isn’t it.
but I guess you would just get a member of staff to do it.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
At the local Tesco, if you press 'B' the only option it gives you is Bananas.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
At the local Tesco, if you press 'B' the only option it gives you is Bananas.
Yes,but suppose you don't even know what letter the word banana begins with?🤔 For example,you haven't seen a banana in your life but you fancy trying one. Then you try and buy it at the self service till. I bought an 'exotic fruit' in Tesco once. By the time i'd got to the self service till i'd forgot what it was called. I asked a member of staff if they knew what it was,but they didn't know either. I tried to find it on the pictures of fruits bit on the screen,but after a minute or so i gave up and weighed it in as a jacket potato. To this day is still don't know what the exotic fruit was.:unsure:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When people use the letter 'K' to describe amounts other than monetary amounts. I've always thought that 'K' should only be used in the context of describing thousands of pounds,not thousands of people. CC threads tell us that so many 'K' have viewed or commented on a thread. Surely it should read 'thousands' not 'K'?🤔

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
When people use the letter 'K' to describe amounts other than monetary amounts. I've always thought that 'K' should only be used in the context of describing thousands of pounds,not thousands of people. CC threads tell us that so many 'K' have viewed or commented on a thread. Surely it should read 'thousands' not 'K'?🤔

As a reformed runner, it always used to annoy me that races were described as a "10K", when of course the distance was 10 km.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As a reformed runner, it always used to annoy me that races were described as a "10K", when of course the distance was 10 km.
I hear quite a lot of runners say "I'm doing a ten k run next week". Ten k sounds so 'aren't i good',but it's only 6.2 miles.:rolleyes: Convert the effort required to cycling and it's a mere 21 miles or so.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom