Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Did anybody ever try riding this in a crosswind?

israeliinven.jpg

Cardboard-Technologies-has-registered-more-than-150-patents-for-its-cardboard-bike-and-its-pro...jpg

mustang1

Legendary Member
When a video is shown of a cyclist going up a step hill and the camera angle is such that the gradient is event further exaggerated.

But the trees in the background are at an angle and give the game away.

mustang1

Legendary Member
When cyclists say "cars are boring, they all look the same".

HELLO??? Have you seen a racing bike? Double triangle, stem and drop bar. A saddle. The only real difference is the paint.

Sure there are those bikes that have slanted top tubes and dropped seat stays which are fubar.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The content of TV programs consists these days of:
A cooking program.
A house buying program.
Some form of Love Island clone.

No wonder I spend so much time on YouTube. Of course I could/should be doing something more constructive.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Cyclists wearing masks as they cycle .... 2 today .... what is happening in their heads ....
Not people riding home from work ... thats bad enough, but MAMIL’s wearing masks as they cycle ...
what do they think will happen .... madness ...

Cyclists wearing masks as they cycle .... 2 today .... what is happening in their heads ....
Not people riding home from work ... thats bad enough, but MAMIL’s wearing masks as they cycle ...

Often it's because I've just left the shops and forgot to take the mask off, and then I don't want to risk snagging my glasses. As It's only a few minutes from shops to apartment it's generally not worth stopping.

Does anyone actually buy Harry's Razors?

And does Harry know people are selling them?

Air Resistance

Masks are more aero

OK - now we need Chris Boardman to give us the wind tunnel stats
but I bet the UCI have a regulation banning them on Time Trials

In the New Testament, Jesus talks about separating the wheat from the chaff, and the sheep from the goats. What is wrong with goats? I like them, probably more than sheep. I gather chaff is the waste byproduct of wheat, although I don't know for sure.

V. late to the party on this one, but recall that, as a child, when the tecaher said that a question would separate the sheep from the goats, I agonised over whether I should be aiming to be a sheep or a goat. To this day, I still don't know and my heart sinks to think of the teaching I lost because I was preoccupied with ovine-related matters.

Top Bottom