Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Tell you what, if you can point me in the direction of a area in the UK or elsewhere that is covered entirely in gravel, I'll change my mind.
I await in anticipation.
If we're gonna start naming bikes according to the surface they are ridden on, then we need...
Mud bikes.
Sand bikes.
Snow bikes.
Tarmac bikes.
Etc etc.

Chesil Beach..

It's on the Dorset coast :whistle:

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
German soldiers in WW2 films: why are they all such crappy shots? Was there something wrong with their machine guns, like their being made of banana shaped tubing?

classic33

Leg End Member
German soldiers in WW2 films: why are they all such crappy shots? Was there something wrong with their machine guns, like their being made of banana shaped tubing?
The manufacturing quality wasn't that high, resulting in smaller ammuntion being used. This left the barrel without the spin induced stabilization from the rifling. Thus affecting the accuracy.

It's to show the 'superiority' of the British.

Unfortunately the belief in this idea seems to persist.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The manufacturing quality wasn't that high, resulting in smaller ammuntion being used. This left the barrel without the spin induced stabilization from the rifling. Thus affecting the accuracy.
Is that true? I've read books in which British servicemen picked up German guns because they thought they were better than their own; almost certainly the case if they were equipped with the Sten.

D

Deleted member 26715

Doesn't matter what the film/TV is, the baddies as per whomever is creating the film/TV are always horrific shots, where the hero's are always superb shots.

Since when did computers start speaking in the plural? This morning my laptop gave me the following message:

"There's a problem with this drive: We are trying to fix it for you"

What is going on? Is this the Royal "We"? Are the machines now considering themselves to be our rightful rulers? Or is it so that while one of "Them" fixes the problem, the other can keep watching me?

Top Bottom