Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Since when did computers start speaking in the plural? This morning my laptop gave me the following message:
What is going on? Is this the Royal "We"? Are the machines now considering themselves to be our rightful rulers? Or is it so that while one of "Them" fixes the problem, the other can keep watching me?
That will be the nice Indian gentleman who has got inside your computer when you had that Internet problem

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Is increment the opposite of excrement?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Since when did computers start speaking in the plural? This morning my laptop gave me the following message:

What is going on? Is this the Royal "We"? Are the machines now considering themselves to be our rightful rulers? Or is it so that while one of "Them" fixes the problem, the other can keep watching me?
Then again, 'I' would be no less disconcerting, as in 'I cannot fix your hard drive, Dave.'

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Things that are bothering me:

On Youtube music videos, some twonk always posts: Anyone still listening in (Insert year)?

On local newspaper websites: How (Insert name & old photo of celebrity) are living now will shock you.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why does Anita Rani cover her face in white foundation? There's one less Asian face on TV.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
"Sticky Back Plastic" in the context of the 'Blue Peter' TV programme was referring to Sellotape."

They weren't allowed to use the word sellotape. Seen as promoting a particular brand.
Really? Thought that was "sticky tape".
"Sticky-back plastic" was Fablon.

Edit: Here we go;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-adhesive_plastic_sheet

Self-adhesive vinyl sheet was introduced to the UK market in the 1960s under the brand name Fablon.[1] It was extensively used in DIY at the time,[2] and notably featured in children's DIY projects on the British TV show Blue Peter, but always under the generic name "sticky-backed plastic."[3][4]

Last edited:
Top Bottom