Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Serving suggestions on food packaging...
SS1.jpg

...what are they suggesting? Not eating the box and plastic tray maybe? Or having a game of mince pie jenga?

I always serve my corned beef on a bed of lettuce, as advised on most tins:
301644-Fray-Bentos-Corned-Beef-340g-21.jpg

...and people think I'm weird.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
You're over thinking this.

There'll be blue skies over
The white cliffs of Dover

Fair enough. I wondered whether blue skies were definitely a good thing in wartime. The Luftwaffe had stopped daytime bombing raids by the time Vera Lynn started singing it. The V1 and V2 rocket launches had not started yet. I don't suppose the weather made any difference to their accuracy, but it might have made a difference to our ability to shoot them down. I think we were being harassed by daytime, low level Fw190 tip-and-run raids at the time. I suppose if they were operating under the cloud cover, the weather would not make much difference to them neither.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Another thing I wondered. In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, each time a gang of vampires saw Buffy they'd attack her and she'd kill them all. Why didn't they run away? If they ran in different directions then she'd kill one, maybe two of them, but they'd still stand a good 50% chance. They must know they stand a far less than 1% chance of killing her in combat.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Another thing I wondered. In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, each time a gang of vampires saw Buffy they'd attack her and she'd kill them all. Why didn't they run away? If they ran in different directions then she'd kill one, maybe two of them, but they'd still stand a good 50% chance. They must know they stand a far less than 1% chance of killing her in combat.
most vampires are thick and don't know who they're up against. Occasionally they do know what they're up against and either run away half way through a fight (spike, I'm looking at you)... or try to gain eternal glory for killing a slayer, only to be dusted.

Alex H

Legendary Member
On the song theme -

Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me,
Till I come marching home.

So, when I come marching home, you can sit under the apple tree with anyone you like? :wacko::wacko:

U

User482

As this is a cycling forum ........ how come 'Car UP' and 'Car DOWN' can mean the same thing :idea:
They mean the opposite on any ride I've ever done.

Though I prefer car front/ car back.

Drago

Legendary Member
The A Team.

In all their years as mercenaries wreaking vengeance on wrong doers, they never never managed to shoot one of them. This always used to make be wonder...

A. Why anyone bothered to hire them with such a dire track records, and...

B. How on Earth did they manage to last so long in an elite infantry unit like the Rangers?

Something doesn't add up, and its nagged at me for years.

Top Bottom