Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Many of us aren't.

Aren’t men?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not something that bothered me but something I have wondered about for decades: why do so many kids hate PE and Games? I was rubbish at sport and disliked communal showers, but I still regarded PE and Games as an escape from the unending monotony of school.

I quite enjoyed PE.

PE was football, athletics, and cross country back in my school days. We also had climb the ropes in the gym but I was rubbish at that! I did do some basic gymnastics award scheme, BAGA or something? Around 1977 we got into frisbees. Our PE teacher let us play frisbee football in games. That was non contact other than intercepts as frisbee thrown. You weren’t allowed to run with the frisbee but had to pass it through throwing. I was on the inter school cross country team but too slow for athletics. I also liked being in goal in football. But I was fearless that age and would dive at people’s feet to get the ball etc.

My niece teaches PE and she has a mountain bike collective as part of lessons.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cargo shorts are pissing me off! :thumbsdown: They are sooo scruffy!

Then there's the little matter of the door across the road that still has part of its plastic protective layer on. The door was fitted about 6 months ago. The bloke who fitted it only took about 70% of its plastic coating off. As i look out of my kitchen window i can see the remaining coating flapping in the wind. I keep telling myself to rip it off the next time i go out,but i forget about it till i see it again from my kitchen window!

Gunk

Guru
I’m living in a pair of 15 year old Fat Face cargo shorts at the moment, paired with an old oil stained Dick Barbour Racing T Shirt and ancient Timberland deck shoes, It’s a good look :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Should be banned! Only look good on slim 6'6" fit blokes. Too often worn by 25 stone pot bellied lard-ar$es. Not a pretty sight, and if the pockets are stuffed it's even worse.
I watch vids about clothes quite a lot,but i can't hack those presenters like this fellow who shouts rather than talks and moves around from side to side,backwards and forwards in front of the camera!:wacko:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok,time to 'fess up'! i do own a pair of cargo shorts!!:blush: My excuse being that i bought them not knowing they were classed as cargo shorts!:angel: I saw them for a fiver in a local shop,at the end of summer 2018. When i paid for them the shop assistant gladly told me they were reduced even more to just 3 quid! Not bad for a pair of Farah shorts! Plus,they are above,not below the knee and the side pockets are quite small,so they aren't too cargo shortish.:okay:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Cargo shorts are pissing me off! :thumbsdown: They are sooo scruffy!
That would depend on who's wearing them :smile:
3MZMV04CSXD.jpg

Top Bottom