Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok,time to 'fess up'! i do own a pair of cargo shorts!!:blush: My excuse being that i bought them not knowing they were classed as cargo shorts!:angel: I saw them for a fiver in a local shop,at the end of summer 2018. When i paid for them the shop assistant gladly told me they were reduced even more to just 3 quid! Not bad for a pair of Farah shorts! Plus,they are above,not below the knee and the side pockets are quite small,so they aren't too cargo shortish.:okay:

Chris S

Guru
Cargo shorts are pissing me off! :thumbsdown: They are sooo scruffy!
That would depend on who's wearing them :smile:
3MZMV04CSXD.jpg

Ok,time to 'fess up'! i do own a pair of cargo shorts!!:blush: My excuse being that i bought them not knowing they were classed as cargo shorts!:angel: I saw them for a fiver in a local shop,at the end of summer 2018. When i paid for them the shop assistant gladly told me they were reduced even more to just 3 quid! Not bad for a pair of Farah shorts! Plus,they are above,not below the knee and the side pockets are quite small,so they aren't too cargo shortish.:okay:
Cargo shorts and trousers are good for travelling. Tickets and credit or debit card are always to hand so long as the pockets can be fastened shut.

I was pretty good at rugby: I developed an almost sixth sense for how the game was going to develop, and making sure I was well out of the way when it did.

I'm not sure that was what the sports teachers were hoping for, but I took the attitude that no-one would remember what the score was in half an hour so it hardly mattered anyway...
My dad played for the school once apparently. He was advised that if a certain big lad from a rival team got the ball, then get out the way. His team were beaten something 17-3. People in the village were commiserating saying "that's not too bad really" assuming it was a rugby score. Unfortunately it was football

Kryton521

Cell phones.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
When did rooms in houses become "spaces"?
There are shows on TV that are referring to rooms only as spaces now. It's a lovely space, or you've really opened out the living space, or this space was so cluttered before you brought more light into the space.

That George bloke who designs houses, and the show with the VR headsets and the ginger irish girl who's on everything, they're the worst for it.

Roger Longbottom

Über Member
When did rooms in houses become "spaces"?
There are shows on TV that are referring to rooms only as spaces now. It's a lovely space, or you've really opened out the living space, or this space was so cluttered before you brought more light into the space.

That George bloke who designs houses, and the show with the VR headsets and the ginger irish girl who's on everything, they're the worst for it.
I have the same issue with "quarters" Garden Lane used to be Garden Lane, now it is the Garden Quarter which is a nonsense as they are all terraced houses without gardens.

I think in our city there are now more than four quarters, which doesn't make sense.

Pretentious nonsense!

Top Bottom