Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
… What are bluebirds? Did she mean blue tits? I didn't think blue tits nested on cliffs. Was there a species of blue seagull?…
I think this 1940s toffee tin has the answer:
1590332323288.png

They are swallows.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why do male models pose holding their hands like this?

1590310849591.png

They used to 'look at that over there' in the 1970's.

1590311888536.png

Now they just seem to either glare at the camera,or hold their hands.:scratch:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Ok,time to 'fess up'! i do own a pair of cargo shorts!!:blush: My excuse being that i bought them not knowing they were classed as cargo shorts!:angel: I saw them for a fiver in a local shop,at the end of summer 2018. When i paid for them the shop assistant gladly told me they were reduced even more to just 3 quid! Not bad for a pair of Farah shorts! Plus,they are above,not below the knee and the side pockets are quite small,so they aren't too cargo shortish.:okay:
Cargo shorts and trousers are good for travelling. Tickets and credit or debit card are always to hand so long as the pockets can be fastened shut.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I was pretty good at rugby: I developed an almost sixth sense for how the game was going to develop, and making sure I was well out of the way when it did.

I'm not sure that was what the sports teachers were hoping for, but I took the attitude that no-one would remember what the score was in half an hour so it hardly mattered anyway...

My dad played for the school once apparently. He was advised that if a certain big lad from a rival team got the ball, then get out the way. His team were beaten something 17-3. People in the village were commiserating saying "that's not too bad really" assuming it was a rugby score. Unfortunately it was football

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
When did rooms in houses become "spaces"?
There are shows on TV that are referring to rooms only as spaces now. It's a lovely space, or you've really opened out the living space, or this space was so cluttered before you brought more light into the space.

That George bloke who designs houses, and the show with the VR headsets and the ginger irish girl who's on everything, they're the worst for it.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why would anyone want to put a diamond in a goat's arse?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think in our city there are now more than four quarters, which doesn't make sense.

Pretentious nonsense!
It’s gentrified nonsense, like Surrey Docks are now Surrey Quays.
Quarter is a military term for lodgings, it doesn’t mean one of 4.
The phrase “no quarter given” means the army will kill all enemy, not take prisoners.

Top Bottom