Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Drama queens-why do they have to over-dramatize everything and tell everyone their private business?
Haha the funny thing is queen 1 goes to queen 2's house, has a right ol' natter for 5 hours, then comes home and calls her again - you know just in case they missed something. Reminds me of those days when people on the train used to call their SO and tell them they will be home in 2 minutes; like can't they wait for two minutes and save the phone call and time?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm getting fed up of the Covid-19 invented word 'staycation'. We do 'holidays' here, not 'vacations'. Should be a 'stoliday'. Perhaps people using staycation are anticipating Boris flogging the entire nation off to Trump so we can experience the wonders of being the 51st sate with
gun-toting militia on the streets?.

Drama queens-why do they have to over-dramatize everything and tell everyone their private business?
they want to be soap stars/imagine themselves in their own franchised drama.
Only explanation I have for some of the phone conversations I am subjected to on buses.
It is usually women, so "queen" is appropriate.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm getting fed up of the Covid-19 invented word 'staycation'. We do 'holidays' here, not 'vacations'. Should be a 'stoliday'. Perhaps people using staycation are anticipating Boris flogging the entire nation off to Trump so we can experience the wonders of being the 51st sate with
gun-toting militia on the streets?.
And it's not a staycation (stoliday?) unless you actually stay at home. if you go anywhere and stay there, it's a holiday.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Kerching.
Just had a mail from chain reaction about their "curated collection of new tyres".
One of several reasons why i don't use them much these days and for several years.
Have they been checked for woodworm? Had enquiries from a member of the public who had an ancestor who was a tyre and would like to know more about it? Someone else asking if their worn-out old tyre is any use for the collection? So far this morning.

Lullabelle

Banana
Only explanation I have for some of the phone conversations I am subjected to on buses.

My colleague tells everyone everything and milks it quite a bit, no concept of privacy.

captain nemo1701

Gawd, this bugs me too. People having an Eastenders 'You slaaaaaag' type of argument on mobiles in public, even shouting at each other from across the street. Trouble with drama queens like this is that life ain't the script of some fantasy soap.

captain nemo1701

In any TV soap you watch, none of them do any work but they all seem to have plenty of money as they spend most of their time in the pub, eating out, drive latest cars etc...
Soap cliche: Upon entering any scene, a disagreement/argument/slanging match will start within two minutes.

Why is the Sistene Chapel so popular?
It is small and crowded with trippers (like we were). The walls are plain and hardly worth a second glance. The ceiling is fine if you like religious iconography but there is better artwork on the ceiling of the long corridor leading to the chapel.

Is this all yet another example of religion overegging itself?

We have been twice. The first time we bailed out very early on because of the crowds that would send HSE into fits.
The second time we missed breakfast and got in at 8.45. We hardly saw anyone else in the whole museum.

Top Bottom