Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
When watching a cycling video of someone riding up a steep climb, the camera angle is slanted to make the climb look even steeper.

Hello, the trees in the back ground are also angled.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
When cycling up a steep hill my photos I stop to take make it look almost flat

Jenkins

Legendary Member
On a cool day you've been riding for a bit, but have to get out of the saddle to put a bit of extra effort up a hill.

Is there a name for the feeling you get when you sit down again on the now chilled, slightly sweaty seat area of your shorts/trousers?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
On a cool day you've been riding for a bit, but have to get out of the saddle to put a bit of extra effort up a hill.

Is there a name for the feeling you get when you sit down again on the now chilled, slightly sweaty seat area of your shorts/trousers?

Yes. It's to "grouble".

"Virenque there, dances out of the saddle and he's away here with clear daylight on Alpe de'Huez with a good lead, but nobody seems singularly motivated to go with him. With no clear threat from the big men, he settles in to grouble for a while while the chasing pack reorganise".
(Phil Liggett, 1992).

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Yes. It's to "grouble".

"Virenque there, dances out of the saddle and he's away here with clear daylight on Alpe de'Huez with a good lead, but nobody seems singularly motivated to go with him. With no clear threat from the big men, he settles in to grouble for a while while the chasing pack reorganise".
(Phil Liggett, 1992).
I was thinking more of the feeling of sitting back down and finding what was previously a warm area is now a slightly damp, cold spot for a few seconds (before body heat returns it back to normal!)

Chris S

Legendary Member
A new station called Birmingham TV has begun broadcasting on Freeview channel 7. Apart from a few news programs its output consists entirely of crime documentaries. Why?

I was thinking more of the feeling of sitting back down and finding what was previously a warm area is now a slightly damp, cold spot for a few seconds (before body heat returns it back to normal!)
Not only yuk, but, on my last ride, noisy! Every time I shifted back in nthe saddle, the dampness combination of me and the saddle made a low moaning noise. Thought something was loose, but no...
:crazy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nursing staff who when doling out medication take any pill from a pack so you end up with all sorts of bits. My wife was on 12 different meds a day and when she came out of hospital it took me days to sort out the mess and discover what had to be reordered. Cards of pills were spread out all over the floor as I tried to make sense of it.

Top Bottom