Things that really annoy you ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
1. Cheese, the world would be a better place without it.
2. The colour pink, think of something pink, then think of it any other colour, it looks better!
3. People who slow down to a near stop to turn (how do they cope with bends and roundabouts?)
4. Doing 30 in a 60 when I’m behind you
5. Getting obsessed about pronunciation and grammar etc* there are really more important things (see above)
* Apart from saying nunnery instead of convent (arrrggghhh!)

People who say "With the greatest respect......." during an argument/discussion. They couldn't give a fetid dingos kidneys for anything you have to say! :blush:

Melvil

andy_wrx said:
Yes, but if they have a Brummie accent and want to pronounce the name of their city like that, I say they have the right to !

Unlike BBC-English received pronunciation newsreaders in the BBC newroom Down South who mispronounce places like Newcarsle, Doncuster, Glawsgoe, Man-Chester, etc in a way that their residents would never do

Even the stupid weather dudes on regional (Scottish) news do that! I have to slap my forehead in exasperation!

It makes me want to work as a newsreader for Scottish news so that I can say 'Overpriced, dirty, expensive sh!thole' instead of 'London.' :blush::smile::smile:

On new cars they seem to have direction indicators that are different and flash on and off more abruptly (same speed but suddenly on then suddenly off) perhaps they are LED rather than a blub or something.

Anyway they really annoy me!! But I dont know why or what to do about it.
Also
Jamie Oliver, Sarah Kennedy, M&S food adverts (underware ones are OK), saying "very unique", BMWs, putting an apostrophie in when they should not (BMW's), Marmite but not Twiglets, Cars when I am on my bike and Biles when I am in the car.
Number plates have their own section.... Personal plates, plates that do not quite say whatever right (L10TUS ) Plates with silly italic or other lettering, plates where the owner has bought a new plate and not taken the coloured film off the plate, plates that spell out the model of the car (we can already see what it is).
I will let off the bloke who has fiveway school of motoring who has L5WAY on his Micra learner car but on second thoughts he as a Micra!
Annoying but I would give her one section: Kylie, Posh, all four from Sex and the City, Kiera Knightly or twice nightly if she would let me and the fit one from Hope on X Factor.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Now Rednal is posh. That's where I was brung up.
Brung up? Sounds more like dragged up !! :blush:
Was it you who knicked my Capri from Ryde Park Road after getting off the night bus at Longbridge and it was pishin' down, so you could get to Valley Farm Road without getting soaked, where it was found ??

rikki

Legendary Member
Mr Fudd

Where did you get that picture (aka your festive season avatar)?

And, why does santa need a blow up reindeer? Hasn't he got real ones at home?

Lardyboy said:
People who say "With the greatest respect......." during an argument/discussion. They couldn't give a fetid dingos kidneys for anything you have to say! :blush:

This one comes up regularly in these threads. Has it never occurred to you that people say this precisely because it is a very polite way to say "I think you're an idiot and I have no respect whatever for your opinions"? I use it all the time when talking to people I have little time for.

Big Bren

Grumpy old men (and women) who get irrationally irritated about silly things and post incessantly on internet forums to broadcast the fact, whilst never actually having the courage to deal with the source(s) of their irritation in real life.

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
This one comes up regularly in these threads. Has it never occurred to you that people say this precisely because it is a very polite way to say "I think you're an idiot and I have no respect whatever for your opinions"? I use it all the time when talking to people I have little time for.

it does however open you up to the possibility that if they've got a witty comeback they can prefix it with "with slightly less respect..."

Tetedelacourse

bonj said:
it does however open you up to the possibility that if they've got a witty comeback they can prefix it with "with slightly less respect..."

I love that post. An instant solution to idiots who think you are stupid enough to not see through "with the greatest respect" as an insult.

Many many many thanks Sir Bonjalot of Sheffield.

Top Bottom