Things that you have put off doing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just had a toof removed. :sad: Blimey, doesn't it leave a big 'ole?
Indeed, but the body has an amazing ability to fill them!

I had 2 adjacent teeth out about 15 years ago and there is just a smooth expanse of gum there now where the holes were.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
That was a link - you were supposed to click it! :okay:

(I had already been posting about it in that other thread so I thought I would report there instead of here.)
OIC, sounds like it went as well as can be expected. If you can do it without sedation then go for it. I had to have tranquilisers just to go for my first check up in 20 years! Your dentist sounds a good one, mine is like that too, he doesn't lay me all the way back in the chair so that I still feel in control. I can now go very six months and gradually I am getting to allow him to put various instruments in my mouth. At the beginning he could only use a mirror, he can now use other things as long as he shows me first. Honestly I sound like a neurotic fool, I am not really, just about the dentist!.

I have had 4 surgeries on my eyelids while awake using only local anaesthetic, but can't be laid back at the dentist, I despair of myself sometimes...hehehe

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
OIC, sounds like it went as well as can be expected. If you can do it without sedation then go for it. I had to have tranquilisers just to go for my first check up in 20 years! Your dentist sounds a good one, mine is like that too, he doesn't lay me all the way back in the chair so that I still feel in control. I can now go very six months and gradually I am getting to allow him to put various instruments in my mouth. At the beginning he could only use a mirror, he can now use other things as long as he shows me first. Honestly I sound like a neurotic fool, I am not really, just about the dentist!.

I have had 4 surgeries on my eyelids while awake using only local anaesthetic, but can't be laid back at the dentist, I despair of myself sometimes...hehehe
I didn't want to see what he was doing so I had my eyes closed the whole time!

I arranged that if I raised my hand he would stop and take the instruments out of my mouth so I could swallow, if that was bothering me, or I wanted him to stop for any other reason.

He had to take one earbud out a couple of times to give me instructions, but he didn't mind me using them to drown out most of what he was doing with a blast of Hawkwind! (The vibrations of the drill through my skull actually drowned out the music, but that was not for long and they didn't hurt.)

Surgery on my eyes while awake - NO THANKS! :laugh:

Smithbat

I didn't want to see what he was doing so I had my eyes closed the whole time!

I arranged that if I raised my hand he would stop and take the instruments out of my mouth so I could swallow, if that was bothering me, or I wanted him to stop for any other reason.

He had to take one earbud out a couple of times to give me instructions, but he didn't mind me using them to drown out most of what he was doing with a blast of Hawkwind! (The vibrations of the drill through my skull actually drowned out the music, but that was not for long and they didn't hurt.)

Surgery on my eyes while awake - NO THANKS! :laugh:
There is nothing to it, just don't focus on the scalpel...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Surgery on my eyes while awake - NO THANKS!
The worst bit is the smell of burning - like burning hair or fingernails - and the slight sizzling noise, as the laser burns into your lens. A tad discomforting. Apart from that it's a piece of piss. Oh, apart from that and the three days of agony to follow....

Smithbat

The worst bit is the smell of burning - like burning hair or fingernails - and the slight sizzling noise, as the laser burns into your lens. A tad discomforting. Apart from that it's a piece of piss. Oh, apart from that and the three days of agony to follow....
I didn't have any lasers, I had my eyelids lowered, twice on each eye. They cut my eyelid and I then had to stretch it while it healed to make my eyes close properly. I looked a right state after each time, I will try and find pics.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
They cut my eyelid and I then had to stretch it while it healed to make my eyes close properly
Wow - that sounds like fun!

Smithbat

Wow - that sounds like fun!
Certainly was. I had a long piece of suture about 4 inches long threaded through my eyelid and I used to have to pull on it to make it stretch. It sounds a lot worse than it was and it does make me look vaguely normal. Before the ops, my lids had gone into spasm and I used to have to use artificial tears, glue them shut at night and bathe them open in the mornings. It is just something I got used to.,

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Certainly was. I had a long piece of suture about 4 inches long threaded through my eyelid and I used to have to pull on it to make it stretch. It sounds a lot worse than it was and it does make me look vaguely normal. Before the ops, my lids had gone into spasm and I used to have to use artificial tears, glue them shut at night and bathe them open in the mornings. It is just something I got used to.,
Gordon Bennett!

I'm glad it worked out in the end.

Katherine

Guru

!!!!!!!!!!

I've been putting off housework for ages now; must get round to giving the flat a sort out.

The two old Raleigh bikes in the garden shed have been waiting for a restoration job for a year or more now. One day lads, one day :smile:

Top Bottom