Things that you have put off doing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doughnut

Veteran
I've whittled it down to just the two . :laugh:
Brave man. I've got to make sure that my wife doesn't find out that its possible to whittle it down at all.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After past dental traumas, I have put off going to the dentist for years!

I have an appointment in the morning. First one since 2001 and I have 3 fillings and 2 extractions lined up ... :eek:

I'm starting off gently and am having the simplest filling done first. Assuming all goes well, I will make an appointment to get the rotten teeth pulled ASAP!

Katherine

Guru
After past dental traumas, I have put off going to the dentist for years!

I have an appointment in the morning. First one since 2001 and I have 3 fillings and 2 extractions lined up ... :eek:

I'm starting off gently and am having the simplest filling done first. Assuming all goes well, I will make an appointment to get the rotten teeth pulled ASAP!

Go in as calm and relaxed as you can. Focus on a great bike ride not what the dentist is doing. Good luck

ColinJ

Go in as calm and relaxed as you can. Focus on a great bike ride not what the dentist is doing. Good luck
Thanks! I'm going to keep my eyes shut and play music through earbuds. I am probably going to have a blast on the old laughing gas too, partly because I want to know what it is like for when I might need it in the future. I suspect that I will want it for those extractions!

Katherine

Guru
Thanks! I'm going to keep my eyes shut and play music through earbuds. I am probably going to have a blast on the old laughing gas too, partly because I want to know what it is like for when I might need it in the future. I suspect that I will want it for those extractions!
Sounds like a good plan.

Katherine

Guru
Actually, extractions, though a bit messy, are usually quicker than a filling.

ColinJ

Actually, extractions, though a bit messy, are usually quicker than a filling.
The 2 teeth are in a poor state so I think they will break into pieces which might make the extractions easier but I worry that some bits might get left behind.

I'm also concerned that bleeding could be a problem because I take Warfarin. The dentist told me that I need to have a blood test less than 48 hours before I have the extractions to make sure that I am not dangerously over-anticoagulated at the time. (I should be ok because my readings have also been acceptable over the past 4 years.)

Katherine

Guru
The 2 teeth are in a poor state so I think they will break into pieces which might make the extractions easier but I worry that some bits might get left behind.

I'm also concerned that bleeding could be a problem because I take Warfarin. The dentist told me that I need to have a blood test less than 48 hours before I have the extractions to make sure that I am not dangerously over-anticoagulated at the time. (I should be ok because my readings have also been acceptable over the past 4 years.)

The clot will be very fragile so rest completely afterwards, no hot drinks etc. You'll be absolutely fine after the filling though.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.

If you are really nervous, apply for sedation. You can have it done on the NHS but there is a wait. I am a complete dental phobic and can just about make it into the chair for a checkup. Any work I have done is done under sedation, in and out in 30 minutes and I don't remember a thing.

ColinJ

The clot will be very fragile so rest completely afterwards, no hot drinks etc. You'll be absolutely fine after the filling though.
I am going to try to make sure that the extractions are done at least a week before any hard bike rides planned. I don't fancy spending hours on the bike with a sore and potentially bleedy mouth!

If you are really nervous, apply for sedation. You can have it done on the NHS but there is a wait. I am a complete dental phobic and can just about make it into the chair for a checkup. Any work I have done is done under sedation, in and out in 30 minutes and I don't remember a thing.
Today is a trial run with nitrous oxide as a compromise. I think I should be ok with that but we will see! I hope that once I have had the extractions done that I can avoid having more teeth out for a long time to come. I reckon a couple more fillings will need replacing in the next year or two, but will try to avoid new ones becoming necessary!

My appointment alarm has just gone off. "I am just going outside and may be some time"! :laugh:

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
I am going to try to make sure that the extractions are done at least a week before any hard bike rides planned. I don't fancy spending hours on the bike with a sore and potentially bleedy mouth!

Today is a trial run with nitrous oxide as a compromise. I think I should be ok with that but we will see! I hope that once I have had the extractions done that I can avoid having more teeth out for a long time to come. I reckon a couple more fillings will need replacing in the next year or two, but will try to avoid new ones becoming necessary!

My appointment alarm has just gone off. "I am just going outside and may be some time"! :laugh:
Sending chilling and relaxed thoughts your way!

Top Bottom