Things you hate about cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The getting ready faff.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
But they would have only been doing up to 15 mph with assist. Should have caught them quickly at 25 mph.

I did wonder that. This was a couple of years ago when Amazon specials were a bit more common out and about, so I suspect this was of doubtful legality. I haven’t come across a genuine wrong ‘un for a while now that more mainstream brands seem to have filled the market.

That’s just reminded me of an ex-neighbour who had a converted BSO that could hit close to 30mph. He was a massive two hats but his wife was one of the nicest people you’d meet - never could understand that.

There was also this other guy who I’d occasionally see on what looked like an old-skool petrol derny. He had the air of a man who would not tolerate an intervention, so I guess he either stuffed it, moved on or eventually came to the attention of the feds.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I have to wear bike shorts to ride a bike. If I do it in jeans/tracksuit/etc, they bunch up. Therefore changing clothes just to ride a bike is a pita unless it's an upright bike but I don't have one of those.

When people call upright bikes a "sit up and beg" position. It's not begging is it? It's just being upright.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I have to wear bike shorts to ride a bike. If I do it in jeans/tracksuit/etc, they bunch up. Therefore changing clothes just to ride a bike is a pita unless it's an upright bike but I don't have one of those.

When people call upright bikes a "sit up and beg" position. It's not begging is it? It's just being upright.

Maybe sitting upright with raised hands on the bars mimics a dog sitting on it's hind quarters begging for a dog biscuit?

Headwinds, and their even more annoying cousins, the bidirectional headwind

Badger_Boom

Über Member
must be why I don't remember ever seeing a runner looking as if they were enjoying it. Can't imagine anyone mid-run ever thinking "hello birds, hello trees, hello skies" either. Or pausing a while if they see something interesting.
So I assume they are into pain.
Interesting folk maybe.

I find running hard work but also enjoy it. I also stop to photograph interesting or amusing things on my route, so not quite the full Forherington-Thomas but close enough.

Top Bottom