Things you have missed out on which everyone else seems to have done.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
With the appalling painting puns here, somebody needs to get their undercoat....

And a concrete overcoat?

Gwylan

Veteran
Now I think about it - me neither

WHen I was younger my Mum told me many times that my Gtrandad (who she worshipped) "said something rude" when he saw men wearing brown shoes with a blue/grey suit
It has stuck with me and I just don't do it

Mind you - when I retired it was sort of by accident and I was in mid shoe territory
By which I mean - as a teacher at the time I needed comfy shoes - and Clarks were the best by far
but they were expensive. Hene when I was getting to the point where I was half way through a pair I would keep an eye out for a sale at the local Clarks shop
If they had one I would nip in and look for the right ones - there was a specific model and I knew many male teachers who only wore that specific model.
Sale prices were often less than half the full price if you got the tactics right

I also had a pair of smart shoes for going out and stuff
and - we were about to get married and the smart ones were getting a bit worn so I got some new smart ones

So I ended up with 4 pairs of black shoes

but now I hardly ever wear a suit - except christenings, funerals and wedding - which are rather few and far between!

so they don'e get worn much and I tend to look for reasons to wear them

so I would never need to buy smart brown ones - in fact I have banned myself from even looking at new smart shoes!

Also my grandmother always said you should not trust a man with bits of gold chain or chain on his shoes.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Where did @Fab Foodie go? He seems to have varnished into thin air!

Top Bottom