Things you thought were true when you were a kid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I coulnd't fathom out how, when President Kennedy was hovering at death's door after being shot that another bullet in on him later was going to do any good at all.

Mr Pig

When I was a kid they told me that all life evolved out of nothing. Man, kids'll swallow anything ;0)

Chrisz

Über Member
If you could put salt on a pigeons/pheasants tail you could catch it. I always though that it would then not be able to move. Spent many a day in the woods with my brother and a bag of salt concocting many ingenious catapults and traps for getting salt onto said fowls tails :whistle:

If my grandad hadn't stopped me from digging that huge hole in his garden, I'd have fallen into the sky in Australia! :sad:

That the only way to get better from being drunk was if you messed yourself, wet your pants and were sick over yourself! (wise words from my Mum; but I only did one of those three, when I was a bit older! :whistle:)

got-to-get-fit

that if i swallowed my chewing gum it would stick to my insides and never come out.

Oh and that i would have somebodies eyes out with that....in 37 years i have never 'had somebodies eyes out'

sheddy

Legendary Member
That cars would get even smaller by y2000

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
TheDoctor said:
That we'd all have hovercars, jetpacks and silver jumpsuits.
Oh, and we could live on the Moon.
I'm still waiting.
*drums fingers*
I don't know their music, but there's a band called "We were promised jetpacks" :smile:

colly

Re member eR
Chrisz said:
If you could put salt on a pigeons/pheasants tail you could catch it. I always though that it would then not be able to move. Spent many a day in the woods with my brother and a bag of salt concocting many ingenious catapults and traps for getting salt onto said fowls tails :smile:

Didn't a drum of Saxa salt have a drawing on it of a boy chasing a chicken trying to pour salt onto it's tail?

IT MUST BE TRUE THEN!!

Not something I was told, but I used to wonder how on Earth they managed to play football in Switzerland.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I used to think posh accents were Yorkshire accents, after watching an American cartoon where the alien said he picked up his accent from a Yorkshire radio station.

Top Bottom