Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Think television series with character who is English but the name is a very old Scottish name with a river, village ,hotel,garage camp site etc. One was the Archbishop of Glasgow but they were also noted Covenanters and had close connections with the Low Countries where one branch became doctors to the Dutch royal family. Many were murdered by the Homes ( pronounced Hume )who coveted their land and castles. Beyond that I will not go.

classic33

Leg End Member
Think television series with character who is English but the name is a very old Scottish name with a river, village ,hotel,garage camp site etc. One was the Archbishop of Glasgow but they were also noted Covenanters and had close connections with the Low Countries where one branch became doctors to the Dutch royal family. Many were murdered by the Homes ( pronounced Hume )who coveted their land and castles. Beyond that I will not go.
Fuel for thought.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I didn't have to set my alarm for 5:30 this morning.
And I didn't stay up after dinner until gone 11:00 for one last drink at my last offsite meeting with my soon-to-be-ex-colleagues, and we didn't start our meeting at 8:30 this morning and finish at 5:45, and the hotel we were meeting and staying in had air conditioning throughout.

classic33

Leg End Member
Its 7.30 in the morning on a SUNDAY. Why the fark are you beating 20 shades of grey out of a chunk of metal in your garden at 7.30 in the morning?

How about I take a hammer and hammer on that BMW you have sitting outside your house at 7.30 in the morning? No??? then fark off and let me sleep.
7:30 you were lucky.
Been going on next door for just short of six hours now.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
7:30 you were lucky.
Been going on next door for just short of six hours now.

Call the po po!

giphy.gif

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Buy some fruit and vegetables you lardy ugly person!!! That dress with the pink roses on does nothing for you. Please don't bend over in it!!

To the person who stopped dead in front of me with her supermarket trolley.
Then I think I was being stalked by her.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Buy some fruit and vegetables you lardy ugly person!!! That dress with the pink roses on does nothing for you. Please don't bend over in it!!

The kids had a music channel on the TV and Adele's "Send My Love" video was on, just as I read that.

I literally spat coffee :laugh:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member

Blackadder ?

Child #2 is visiting house today to set up car insurance. This will comprise of:
1. Sleeping on the sofa until just after the insurance company lines close.
2. Eating all the food in the house.
3. Turning on the TV to a loud music channel.
4. Turning on the 5.1 surround system to make said music louder.
5. Demanding a key to the garage.
6. Demanding a key to the house.
7. Trying to negotiate for someone else to pay for the insurance on the promise of payback before a new age dawns where the world is ruled by large talking monkeys or North Korea nukes us all, as bank card has evaporated.
8. Trying to negotiate for a stable adult to be included in the insurance to bring the payment down. Also known as the snowballs chance in hell gambit.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Child #2 is visiting house today to set up car insurance. This will comprise of:
1. Sleeping on the sofa until just after the insurance company lines close. "Get up, and sort out that insurance."
2. Eating all the food in the house. [To be expected...you just have to ride with this one]
3. Turning on the TV to a loud music channel. "Turn that down."
4. Turning on the 5.1 surround system to make said music louder. "Turn that off."
5. Demanding a key to the garage. "No."
6. Demanding a key to the house. "Where's your key?"
7. Trying to negotiate for someone else to pay for the insurance on the promise of payback before a new age dawns where the world is ruled by large talking monkeys or North Korea nukes us all, as bank card has evaporated. "No."
8. Trying to negotiate for a stable adult to be included in the insurance to bring the payment down. Also known as the snowballs chance in hell gambit. "No."

My work here is done.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
1. Sleeping on the sofa until just after the insurance company lines close.
2. Eating all the food in the house.
3. Turning on the TV to a loud music channel.
4. Turning on the 5.1 surround system to make said music louder.
5. Demanding a key to the garage.
6. Demanding a key to the house.
7. Trying to negotiate for someone else to pay for the insurance on the promise of payback before a new age dawns where the world is ruled by large talking monkeys or North Korea nukes us all, as bank card has evaporated.
8. Trying to negotiate for a stable adult to be included in the insurance to bring the payment down. Also known as the snowballs chance in hell gambit.

My plan is to sell up and move 5 pico seconds after I can get the last one to bugger off to college. I'll let them know where we've moved to when I need someone to pay for my funeral. :smile:

Top Bottom