Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
All you've done since getting on the train is boast about what you've done, where you've been, how much better it is than anything anyone else has ever done and how much it cost.

The rest of the carriage isn't interested and wishes you'd either pipe down or go and sit in one of your two sheds.

gbb

Legendary Member
Bless him he's trying.
I have no children but have become part of the life of this one and seen him struggling and being repeatedly let down. Give him the right chance and he'll shine.
He's my future stepson, and today I think I've started to realise how it feels to be a father.
The best thing you can give someone is your support. My mother to my son's child has had a broken and problematic life and is making mistakes with our grandchild...but, we're there for her, helping, advising, reassuring her. It's working, it drives us nuts occasionally but seeing her mature, the relationship with her kids is improving and is benefiting everyone.
She's a great character, full of life but hasn't had an upbringing that taught her the best way to do things...shes had a sh1t life and needs guidance. She's like a daughter to us.
Good on ya.

Lullabelle

Banana
I assume those 2 kids are yours, the lad looks very smart and the girl's pink dress looks lovely. She may well be a pretty young girl but it is hard to tell with all that c##p trowelled onto her face. She must only be about 12 but the makeup ages her by about 20 years.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Are you trying to prove that you are a self-centred, manipulative, domineering, know-it-all who has no regard for my thoughts and opinions? Are you trying to prove how many huge great big lies, obfuscations and fairy tales you can tell, and yet still expect me to believe them? Do you still believe you are capable of altering the space/time continuum?

May I venture to suggest that you stop now?

Mrs M

Guru
You snotty cow, what a nasty condescending, judgemental attitude :angry:
Stick your free appointment! I'll go to someone who actually gives a toss.

(Our new wee SSPCA kitten has a lump on his back. Entitled to a free check in first week from a specific vet practice. Paid them a visit on Friday afternoon, when we told them why we were there no vet available (during consulting hours). Went home and phoned another branch, given a choice of appointments same day, then when explained free check for SSPCA, suddenly no appointments, emergencies only. I said you just offered me a choice of appointments and emergency was never mentioned. I was then advised that if anything was found to be wrong I should be aware I'd have to pay for any treatment! Made to feel like a total sponger by someone clearly making assumptions. Quite shocked at the unhelpful nastiness. :sad:)

P.S. Took the wee guy to our own vet and just a wee reaction to vaccination or chip :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
You snotty cow, what a nasty condescending, judgemental attitude :angry:
Stick your free appointment! I'll go to someone who actually gives a toss.

(Our new wee SSPCA kitten has a lump on his back. Entitled to a free check in first week from a specific vet practice. Paid them a visit on Friday afternoon, when we told them why we were there no vet available (during consulting hours). Went home and phoned another branch, given a choice of appointments same day, then when explained free check for SSPCA, suddenly no appointments, emergencies only. I said you just offered me a choice of appointments and emergency was never mentioned. I was then advised that if anything was found to be wrong I should be aware I'd have to pay for any treatment! Made to feel like a total sponger by someone clearly making assumptions. Quite shocked at the unhelpful nastiness. :sad:)

P.S. Took the wee guy to our own vet and just a wee reaction to vaccination or chip :smile:

That's dreadful - please say that you'll be letting the SSPCA know what is going on in their name?

Mrs M

Guru
That's dreadful - please say that you'll be letting the SSPCA know what is going on in their name?
Already have :okay: although I was more concerned at the time with the kitten and so were the SSPCA.
Called SSPCA to let them know there was a wee problem with the kitten, that we were taking him to our own vet and the reason why.
Plan to call this vets practice tomorrow to discuss the "service" I received on Friday.
Really still taken aback, this creature would put most GP receptionists to shame :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was cyclist #1; cyclist #2 was riding towards me on the other side of the fairly narrow road.

Driver #1 started to overtake me, his car much closer to my right elbow than I would like. It is not unusual. To driver #1 I would have liked to have said "That was too close mate - you should have waited for the other cyclist to pass us and then overtaken me on his side of the road."

Much more worrying was the fact that driver #2 decided to overtake car #1 at the exact moment that car #1 was cutting me up and shortly before cyclist #2 drew opposite us, so ... cyclist #2 swerved to his left, I swerved to my left to avoid car #1 which swerved left to avoid car#2 which was hastily swerving left to avoid driving straight over cyclist #2!

So I would just like to say to driver #2 "That really wasn't very clever, was it?" Maybe even something a tad stronger ...! :whistle:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I am cyclist #1; cyclist #2 was riding towards me on the other side of the fairly narrow road.

Driver #1 started to overtake me, his car much closer to my right elbow than I would like. It is not unusual. To driver #1 I would have liked to have said "That was too close mate - you should have waited for the other cyclist to pass us and then overtaken me on his side of the road."

Much more worrying was the fact that driver #2 decided to overtake car #1 at the exact moment that car #1 was cutting me up and shortly before cyclist #2 drew opposite us, so ... cyclist #2 swerved to his left, I swerved to my left to avoid car #1 which swerved left to avoid car#2 which was hastily swerving left to avoid driving straight over cyclist #2!

So I would just like to say to driver #2 "That really wasn't very clever, was it?" Maybe even something a tad stronger ...! :whistle:
Only "maybe"!

Top Bottom