Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good thing you have a dashcam.
But did you get it to show how bad a driver you are?

I have had the best year ever for cycling i have done thousands of miles.
Yeah right.
Not had anytime or so it seems,other things need my time,and i am really =====off about it.

With you there. I really need to get out and away from my normal commute. There's so many places to visit around here and I'm trundling back and forth through Suburban Stuttgart.

Humph.

Ascent

How dare you? They were your child, not your property!!

If I ever find myself alone in a room with you only one of us will walk out.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
To the manufacturer of my battery-powered analogue alarm clock, which has automatic time setting from a radio time signal ...

The whole point of this clock is that I can glimpse across at it and see what the time is. The actual time. Not some time vaguely close to that time. Within a few seconds is accurate enough. (If I want to know the time accurate to the exact second I can look at my phone.) 25 minutes slow is NOT good enough!

Granted, the battery was running flat but what I want is for a warning LED to flash to tell me that before the lack of power causes problems. If I ignore those warnings, then stop the clock rather than just letting it get slower and slower.

My clock does not have the warning and I did not notice that it was running slow until I was 25 minutes late getting ready for an appointment. Fortunately, it was not an urgent appointment but it could have been!
Oh, FFS - my memory is getting really bad! :laugh:

I came on here to make an identical post but got a sense of déjà vu just as I was about to click 'Post Reply'! :wacko:

Anyway, the replacement battery has now failed with identical results.

I will be getting up early for a metric century ride tomorrow so I wouldn't have wanted my clock to be running 25 minutes slow, which it was when I got up today. I use the alarm on my phone to wake me and the alarm on my tablet for backup, but once awake I tend to look at the clock to keep track of time and would have ended up leaving the house too late to catch my train.

I've learned my lesson. Instead of putting any old battery in the clock and it only lasting a few months, I have put a new Duracell in this time and expect to get at least a couple of years from it.

perplexed

Guru
F.A.O. most newsreaders/TV presenters/experts.

Please stop referring to 'tummies', and 'tummy-button area' when reporting on anything vaguely medical to do with this area of anatomy.

Your viewers are not, generally speaking, 5 years old. Stop infantilizing the population.

'Tummy-buttons', FFS... What next, 'nosey-woseys'?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
F.A.O. most newsreaders/TV presenters/experts.

Please stop referring to 'tummies', and 'tummy-button area' when reporting on anything vaguely medical to do with this area of anatomy.

Your viewers are not, generally speaking, 5 years old. Stop infantilizing the population.

'Tummy-buttons', FFS... What next, 'nosey-woseys'?
Sounds to me like someone needs a nap!

Top Bottom