Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
:eek: Has she died ??? I do hope not.

:unsure:

To coin a phrase
(and hopefully not tempting fate)

Reports of my demise are somewhat exaggerated*..

I did go off to Cornwall, for a few days hiking and biking trip.

And writerly retreat.

Only to discover 'pon my return that the whole country has gone off sick.

So now, I'm head down, growing lotsa food to see us all through the War on Corona..

Last seasons' carrots still coming up fresh from the ground - sandy loam, and mild climes means they overwinter in the ground here. just fine - if a tad muckily..

P. S.

There hasn't been a potato marketing board since the late 1990's :rolleyes:

*although its nice that someone cares :blush:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Glad to hear all is well, hope you had a splendid time in Cornwall.
Carrots look good, I always had a raw carrot as part of my lunch every day when at work, I shall have to start eating more of them again.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Glad to hear all is well, hope you had a splendid time in Cornwall.
Carrots look good, I always had a raw carrot as part of my lunch every day when at work, I shall have to start eating more of them again.

Very pleasant, thank you.

Although a tad soggy, and blowy, at times.

Luckily, most of the cafes were still welcoming rained-on cyclists at that point in time :okay:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
:unsure:

To coin a phrase
(and hopefully not tempting fate)

Reports of my demise are somewhat exaggerated*..

View attachment 508881

I did go off to Cornwall, for a few days hiking and biking trip.

View attachment 508883
And writerly retreat.

Only to discover 'pon my return that the whole country has gone off sick.

So now, I'm head down, growing lotsa food to see us all through the War on Corona..

Last seasons' carrots still coming up fresh from the ground - sandy loam, and mild climes means they overwinter in the ground here. just fine - if a tad muckily..

View attachment 508886

P. S.

There hasn't been a potato marketing board since the late 1990's :rolleyes:

*although its nice that someone cares :blush:
I will not attempt any digging. It does remind me of an incident in my farming days when mucking out the byre. The midden had a rather steep plank with a bend and you had to build up speed to get a laden barrow up to empty at the top. My co-worker Wee George misjudged his speed and went straight over the top before he could stop complete with barrow and contents.

postman

Legendary Member
Dear Prime Minister.The country nay the world is in turmoil.Restrictions are in place allover,yesterday even my local chemist shop had an exclusion zone.Red and white hazard tape place three foot away from the counter.Your purchase was placed in a plastic container and pushed towards you.Sporting events cancelled,holidays ha ha no planes,countries not allowing planes to even land.Brits stranded abroad,no idea when they can get home.Supermarkets cannot get food onto shelves fast enough.Doctor's surgery's sending out texts do not come to us,ring us,we have extra staff.Non essential operations to be cancelled April 15th.Germany closing borders,chaos on European roads.Schools shutting,working from home,people going on short hours losing jobs.All in all a right mess of the likes we have never encountered.So PM here is my question,why is the Royal Navy picking illegal boat people up another spike this week traffickers taking advantage of the chaos to do their dirty work.Why have these people been allowed to enter our land,when people cannot even get home from holidays.Oh and more work for our over burdened wonderful Doctors and Nurses,am i missing something.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Dear Prime Minister.The country nay the world is in turmoil.Restrictions are in place allover,yesterday even my local chemist shop had an exclusion zone.Red and white hazard tape place three foot away from the counter.Your purchase was placed in a plastic container and pushed towards you.Sporting events cancelled,holidays ha ha no planes,countries not allowing planes to even land.Brits stranded abroad,no idea when they can get home.Supermarkets cannot get food onto shelves fast enough.Doctor's surgery's sending out texts do not come to us,ring us,we have extra staff.Non essential operations to be cancelled April 15th.Germany closing borders,chaos on European roads.Schools shutting,working from home,people going on short hours losing jobs.All in all a right mess of the likes we have never encountered.So PM here is my question,why is the Royal Navy picking illegal boat people up another spike this week traffickers taking advantage of the chaos to do their dirty work.Why have these people been allowed to enter our land,when people cannot even get home from holidays.Oh and more work for our over burdened wonderful Doctors and Nurses,am i missing something.
Why do you feel such a lack of compassion towards those that have suffered everything you appear to be showing concern for and so so much more, to such a degree that they have felt that they have had to flee their homes? I bet these people you so casually dismiss would be delighted to be inconvenienced by little more than having to stand further away from the counter in the chemist and struggling to find a shop that had pasta and toilet paper.

Last edited:

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste

Due to concern for other human beings.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

You'd like the Navy to leave them to drown ??

You do know that some (many) of our wonderful doctors and nurses come from overseas too - What would any of them make of this inhumane attitude ??

The supermarket shelves are being cleared by panic buying idiots - not by refugees.

We would have been far better prepared for all this, if our NHS hadn't been systematically underfunded for the past ten years - And no, that wasn't as a result of refugees either..

I will not attempt any digging. It does remind me of an incident in my farming days when mucking out the byre. The midden had a rather steep plank with a bend and you had to build up speed to get a laden barrow up to empty at the top. My co-worker Wee George misjudged his speed and went straight over the top before he could stop complete with barrow and contents.

It's OK, it's all good..

I have a full tank of red diesel, a fore-end loader for compost handling..

Aaand a shiny new grease gun..

Spring cultivations are go...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We took turns. One loaded the barrow and the other tipped it so there was competition involved. The midden was for a byre of 60 milking cows and the planks were much longer and steeper. Wee George (all 5ft 6inches ) went straight over the top without stopping. When you have built up speed with a full load it is a very difficult to stop.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It is all very well saying just being patient and the world will still be here when this is over but even tho’ I am 10 years younger than my parents when they died I may not be here when it is over.

Top Bottom