Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
"Dear passenger... If you notice a crack in the side of a plane as you are boarding, PLEASE mention it to someone BEFORE the plane breaks up in mid-air!" :whistle:

I just watched an episode of Air Crash: Disasters Uncovered. An amazing story of a plane losing a huge chunk of its fuselage in the skies high above Hawaii, but landed safely by the pilot 13 minutes later. Tragically, one member of the crew was sucked out of the hole in the plane and never found, but nobody else died.

A truly astonishing story. But then we were told that one of the passengers subsequently told investigators that she had noticed a split in the fuselage near the door as she was going on board, but didn't mention it to the crew...

My official response upon hearing that was - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

What was she thinking - "Oh, it is only a small crack, what harm could that possibly do"? :ohmy:

Eeeeeerk,

I gave up flying years ago, for reasons of being a tree-hugger.

But this is an extra incentive, never to do it again unless it's strictly necessary :blink:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
To the dad and son mtb'ers that just passed me in walker fold woods...

CLOSE THE BLOODY GATES BEHIND YOU!
Idiots.

And while I'm ranting, stop pulling bloody skids up to those gates.

Last edited:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
To one editor in particular:
gGsWDlu.jpg

Tell it like it is, Al.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey, I hadn't realised things had got that bad.
They haven't got that bad - they have stayed that bad! :laugh:

I was speaking to someone earlier and pointed out that apart from not being free to do forum rides or have a friend visit once a week, my lifestyle hasn't been affected much at all... I still nip out to the shops and do the occasional bike ride; apart from those two activities I sit around at home by myself pottering about on the computer all day and evening, then reading and watching TV late into the night, as usual!

Chris S

Legendary Member
What’s the point in doing a mega flounce then coming back with a different user name. Seriously!
Is Regulator back?

ColinJ

On today's bike ride a white van driver overtook me and then immediately tried to turn left in front of me, into the exit from a garden centre car park.

I would like to have said...
  1. Thanks for nearly hitting me, mate.
  2. Garden centres are closed. Coronavirus restrictions. That's why the gates are shut - there is a notice telling you why.
  3. It is the exit from the car park, anyway!
He then reversed out, re-overtook me, and immediately tried to turn left in front of me again, into the entrance to the garden centre car park.

I would then like to have said...
  1. Thanks for nearly hitting me, mate.
  2. Garden centres are STILL closed. Coronavirus restrictions.
  3. Congratulations, you have found the entrance to the car park but as you can see, these gates are shut too - there is another notice telling you why.
And then he floored the throttle and overtook me a third time... :wacko:

Milzy

Guru
I'm truly sorry for people losing loved ones. It's awful about businesses been hit hard. It's a shame adults and children are spending their birthdays in lock down.
There is a But though. I'm getting paid to cycle and decorate my house whilst I also can spend lots of time with my family. It's possible my family may be eventually hit by covid-19. It's possible there may be a massive recession and we lose our house and possessions. However at this moment in time I haven't been this happy in years.
On social media everyone seems to be depressed but I'm not anymore. Does this make me a strange individual?

ColinJ

There is a But though. I'm getting paid to cycle and decorate my house whilst I also can spend lots of time with my family. It's possible my family may be eventually hit by covid-19. It's possible there may be a massive recession and we lose our house and possessions. However at this moment in time I haven't been this happy in years.
On social media everyone seems to be depressed but I'm not anymore. Does this make me a strange individual?
It makes sense to me!

I rang my sister yesterday to see how she is getting on. She is in lockdown with her 2 kids (mid-20s) and now working from home. She normally spends 2-3+ hours a day commuting (just under 2 hours if roads are clear, much longer if there are problems on the motorway). Both kids are locked out of work. They said to her yesterday that they wished that they could have seen this much of her when they were growing up! They are enjoying spending so much time together now, walking the dog as a family, cooking for each other, dining together instead of alone, watching something on TV together in the evening.

I think that there will be a lot of people who will not want to go fully back to the old grind once this is over. I also think that a lot of companies will realise that they can get away with much smaller offices and have staff work at home instead of coming in every day.

I think that there could be some good things to come out of this, and not just suffering.

Last edited:
Top Bottom