Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
Marry me!! I would give you your garage - for shared use of the darkroom....

You're on... it's getting harder and more expensive to have 5x4 processed. I have all the kit from when I lived on my own, its all packed away in the loft awaiting a new home, the spare room we have is big enough but I have to have a home office for working from home When i need too. One day...

ScotiaLass

Guru
You're on... it's getting harder and more expensive to have 5x4 processed. I have all the kit from when I lived on my own, its all packed away in the loft awaiting a new home, the spare room we have is big enough but I have to have a home office for working from home When i need too. One day...
I have an enlarger and all the bits stored in my loft, waiting.
And a yummy Mamiya RB67 Pro S to play with...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have an enlarger and all the bits stored in my loft, waiting.
And a yummy Mamiya RB67 Pro S to play with...

The largest I ever had was 6X6 from my trusty but now rather defunct, very very second hand 1967 Hasselblad. I'd have loved something bigger, but then, that would have required a larger enlarger, and other than the medium and large format ones at the college, I only ever had 35mm ones (second hand, of course). :blush:

If you are looking for a 35mm enlarger, I still have one in the loft somewhere.... :giggle:

ScotiaLass

Guru
The largest I ever had was 6X6 from my trusty but now rather defunct, very very second hand 1967 Hasselblad. I'd have loved something bigger, but then, that would have required a larger enlarger, and other than the medium and large format ones at the college, I only ever had 35mm ones (second hand, of course). :blush:

If you are looking for a 35mm enlarger, I still have one in the loft somewhere.... :giggle:
Hassleblad <drool>
I think we have a 35mm, don't know the condition as it was bought as part of a job lot off ebay but we haven't the room for a darkroom...yet!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Have you thought about getting a skip for all the rubbish in your house. For example you don't need a pile of leaflets printed in 1973 on how to choose the best estate agent in Coventry, when you have no intention of leaving Folkestone.

Donate it to a museum somewhere!! (Quite where I'm not entirely sure).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hassleblad <drool>
I think we have a 35mm, don't know the condition as it was bought as part of a job lot off ebay but we haven't the room for a darkroom...yet!

It was a lovely thing to use, but at the end of its life, and I eventually had to 'retire' it when it seized up one too many times. It was also falling to bits (more cosmetic than anything else).

You see, once a Blad starts to 'go', that's it, it'll never quite be the same ever again apparently, and I certainly used it until it 'went'.

As for the enlarger (a humble Durst 306 (I think)), well, it does work (AFAIK), so is waiting for either myself to use it again or be given to a new owner.....

Last edited:

andrewpreston

You ARE beautiful....have a little faith in yourself and stop posting those silly pouty selfies!!!
(and yes, I've said it!).

You tell me, is she lovely or what? (photo taken for a college project when she was 15)

IMG_7654PS2_zpsfea4b514.jpg
Stunning!

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Palm Labs in Brum are good- I've used them quite recently.

gbb

Legendary Member
'Why in fcuks name would you dump old furniture, carpet and a matress in bushes bordering a playing field?, why not just put it at the side of the road where the council can at least see it and get rid it. Why spoil one of the few nice areas round here, just because you're too lazy to do things properly. It took more effort, risk and time dumping it where you did..and ruins the place for everyone else. You useless, lazy piece of sh1t.

thats what I'd like to say..if I knew who the hell keeps doing it.
I live on an average council estate, we're some of the last who brought ours to still be living here, the sensible ones got out. Its not a bad place, but HMOs (houses of multiple occupancy), private landlords, short term tenants with no sense of belonging or pride are ruining the area little by little.
rant over :whistle::thumbsup:

Top Bottom