Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Some of the narrow side streets round here have people parked right up to the junctions with busier roads, sometimes on both sides of the road!

Highway Code Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
  • near a school entrance
  • anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
  • at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
  • on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
  • ******** opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space ********
  • near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
  • opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
  • where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
  • where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
  • in front of an entrance to a property
  • on a bend
  • where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities
except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.

I suppose it is inevitable when these houses have no garages and no gardens to use for parking. The home owners only have the road itself. The big problem starts when families have 2+ cars per household. The household down from me have 3 vehicles and 2 of them are often parked in front of my house. That isn't usually a problem because I don't drive, but some of my visitors do. They end up down the road somewhere parked in front of someone else's house.

The trouble with a lot of schools, especially around here, they are old and were built before the roads as were a lot of the houses so parking is in short supply and it is difficult for parents to drop off the little ones before they go to work so I understand the issues but it doesn't mean that a parent can flout/ignore the law just because they have a kid.

gbb

Legendary Member
Fer chrissakes, it's a bloomin cat. It will find it'sown way home without you whittling about it to all and sundry on FB.

My local FB sellers page seems to be inundated with people posting pics of a cat they've found in their garden or nearby. Bloomin streets are littered with cats lately.

potsy

Rambler
Don't be surprised on Wednesday when you get told of the decision.

Yes, I may be leaving you in the mire, but sometimes a wake up call is needed for things to change!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Some of the narrow side streets round here have people parked right up to the junctions with busier roads, sometimes on both sides of the road!

Er, like these 2 today! :okay:

Safe parking.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It’s follow the leader, not follow your flipping Garmin, now get that anchor out of your butt and come this way.
Well, at least they are following something. I have a Garmin-less, fit friend with no sense of direction and no knowledge of where we are going, who nevertheless will shoot off up the road and get lost! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

FFS if the postcode is not within your area surely it can't be that hard to pop up message when you fill in the form to advise it's not, rather than having to wait 48 hours for your tardy response.

Top Bottom