Things you'd like to say, but can't

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Stig-OT-Dump, 11 Aug 2010.

1. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

I don't find it's the old that do it, but I daren't mention who it normally is for being flamed on here.

Vantage likes this.
  2. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

Across the road from us double yellow lines have been painted on the road to sto people parking on the corner, to avoid getting a ticket some people park next to them-partially blocking the lane, they may not get a ticket for parking on the lines but they should get one for parking like a t**t.

NorthernDave likes this.
  3. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Some of the narrow side streets round here have people parked right up to the junctions with busier roads, sometimes on both sides of the road!

Highway Code Rule 243
    DO NOT stop or park:
    • near a school entrance
    • anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
    • at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
    • on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
    • ******** opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space ********
    • near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
    • opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
    • where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
    • where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
    • in front of an entrance to a property
    • on a bend
    • where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities
    except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.

I suppose it is inevitable when these houses have no garages and no gardens to use for parking. The home owners only have the road itself. The big problem starts when families have 2+ cars per household. The household down from me have 3 vehicles and 2 of them are often parked in front of my house. That isn't usually a problem because I don't drive, but some of my visitors do. They end up down the road somewhere parked in front of someone else's house.

4. Lee_M

Lee_M Veteran

Stop with the bloody politicking and just ride your effing bike. You're destroying the club and making people very unhappy

Phaeton likes this.
  5. This has crossed my mind many times...

6. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

Seems it wasn't mine after all :cry:

Andy in Germany likes this.
  7. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

It's Canada, not Canyda.

Unless you're referring to some other country I've never heard of..?

8. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

The trouble with a lot of schools, especially around here, they are old and were built before the roads as were a lot of the houses so parking is in short supply and it is difficult for parents to drop off the little ones before they go to work so I understand the issues but it doesn't mean that a parent can flout/ignore the law just because they have a kid.

9. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Fer chrissakes, it's a bloomin cat. It will find it'sown way home without you whittling about it to all and sundry on FB.

My local FB sellers page seems to be inundated with people posting pics of a cat they've found in their garden or nearby. Bloomin streets are littered with cats lately.

10. Don't be surprised on Wednesday when you get told of the decision.

Yes, I may be leaving you in the mire, but sometimes a wake up call is needed for things to change!

11. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

:hugs: hope it all works out in your favour.

potsy likes this.
  12. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

Really glad you have left because I couldn't stand you neither could anyone else to be fair.

Threevok and gbb like this.
  13. "Sir, if you wish to chew gum on a crowded tram, the least you can do is to keep your lips together when you do so. What would your mother say if she saw you now?"

Threevok likes this.
  14. How is TVC these days? :whistle:

15. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Er, like these 2 today! :okay:

Safe parking.jpg

Maverick Goose likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice