The trouble with a lot of schools, especially around here, they are old and were built before the roads as were a lot of the houses so parking is in short supply and it is difficult for parents to drop off the little ones before they go to work so I understand the issues but it doesn't mean that a parent can flout/ignore the law just because they have a kid.Some of the narrow side streets round here have people parked right up to the junctions with busier roads, sometimes on both sides of the road!
Highway Code Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.
- near a school entrance
- anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
- at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
- on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
- ******** opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space ********
- near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
- opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
- where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
- where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
- in front of an entrance to a property
- on a bend
- where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities
I suppose it is inevitable when these houses have no garages and no gardens to use for parking. The home owners only have the road itself. The big problem starts when families have 2+ cars per household. The household down from me have 3 vehicles and 2 of them are often parked in front of my house. That isn't usually a problem because I don't drive, but some of my visitors do. They end up down the road somewhere parked in front of someone else's house.
Well, at least they are following something. I have a Garmin-less, fit friend with no sense of direction and no knowledge of where we are going, who nevertheless will shoot off up the road and get lost!
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Lacking inspiration for a new route/ride? I have just the thing ...||General Cycling Discussions||1|
|Strange/funny things that took you by surprise||CC Cafe - General Chat||15|
|Things most people seem to hate but you love||CC Cafe - General Chat||104|
|Things you never thought you'd say..||CC Cafe - General Chat||3|