Things you'd like to say, but can't

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Stig-OT-Dump, 11 Aug 2010.

1. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Remark Generator, Waffler

You already put more effort into solving the problem than the person I was being passive aggressive about :wacko:

2. Just get on with it, make a decision and let me know one way or the other!

Andy in Germany and Saluki like this.
  3. perplexed

perplexed Guru

One of my little jobs at my first place of work many years ago was balancing the petty cash. Sorting receipts, VAT and the like.

More often than not, it was fine, or only a few pennies out either way. Problem was, I wasn't the only one with access, so occasionally it was a few quid out, and the boss used to moan at me.

She stopped moaning at me when I pointed out, with some determination from the teenager I was, that the biggest culprit for dipping in and not putting tickets in, was her bluddy husband...

Last edited: 18 May 2019
  4. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

Our boss would not be happy if he found out.

5. perplexed

perplexed Guru

Yeah... There was no nefarious intent on his part - he was a company director, but he was not bothered by detail.

6. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

One time I was £500.00 out, turns out I had put the decimal point in the wrong place :rolleyes:

7. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Me too. We are both obviously too nice^_^

Pat "5mph", SpokeyDokey and Edwardoka like this.
  8. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Is there a reason you are pushing your shopping trolley down the middle of the aisle at the slowest possible speed and preventing anyone else getting past.
    Get out of the B****Y WAY :headshake:
    (At 10 00 this morning)

Andy in Germany and Vantage like this.
  9. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

FFS when walking down the middle of the aisle if you suddenly see something you want, don't just step sideways with the handle of your trolley, causing it now to be at right angles & completely blocking the aisle, move the trolley properly.

ColinJ, Vantage, Pat "5mph" and 2 others like this.
  10. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

It must be really nice to have time to stand around doing f*** all.

NorthernDave and Mrs M like this.
  11. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

I am afraid I disagree, I think it is the parenting, yes they have 2 kids each completely different but they are raised differently. She has stated that the lad is the favourite, spoilt gets whatever he wants, his sister is all but ignored, he plays up and gets a lot of attention, she behaves, tries to help, get her mother's attention but all she gets is shouted at or ignored. Sorry but it is parenting or lack of not 'typical teenage boy'

12. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

Will you people stop bidding on the XT rear mech in all its silver gloriousness?
    It's mine I tell you. MINE!

13. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I make allowances for very old and doddery people doing that, but I got very irritated by some younger shoppers doing it yesterday!

I treat moving the trolley like riding my bike - I watch where I am going, slow down in heavy traffic, am careful where I stop, and look over my shoulder before 'changing lanes' in case anybody is coming up behind me.

Mrs M, Phaeton and Vantage like this.
  14. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

The scarey bit is that most of these people drive cars :ohmy:

Mrs M and Andy in Germany like this.
  15. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Indeed... I worry about the skill, judgement, and even sanity of some drivers!

I switched my TV on for the lunchtime news today and one of those 'cameras on cops' shows was on whatever channel I'd left selected. There was some commotion on what seemed to be an Australian motorway. It turned out that a drunk driver had spun his van and crashed into the central reservation barrier. A brave witness had stopped to see if the driver was ok and immediately noticed that he was drunk, grabbed his keys and phoned the cops. So then there was an angry drunk staggering in and out of the fast lane, trying to catch the guy with the keys ... The police arrived and arrested him, moved the vehicles and so on. The driver turned out to be so drunk*** that he couldn't stand up, and couldn't even remember how old he was! :eek:

*** More than 4 times the legal limit for alcohol!!

(And as usual, his punishment was pitiful - a short ban and a few hundred dollars fine.)

Last edited: 26 May 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice