Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is there a reason you are pushing your shopping trolley down the middle of the aisle at the slowest possible speed and preventing anyone else getting past.
Get out of the B****Y WAY :headshake:
(At 10 00 this morning)

D

Deleted member 26715

Is there a reason you are pushing your shopping trolley down the middle of the aisle at the slowest possible speed and preventing anyone else getting past.
Get out of the B****Y WAY :headshake:
(At 10 00 this morning)
FFS when walking down the middle of the aisle if you suddenly see something you want, don't just step sideways with the handle of your trolley, causing it now to be at right angles & completely blocking the aisle, move the trolley properly.

Lullabelle

Banana
I am afraid I disagree, I think it is the parenting, yes they have 2 kids each completely different but they are raised differently. She has stated that the lad is the favourite, spoilt gets whatever he wants, his sister is all but ignored, he plays up and gets a lot of attention, she behaves, tries to help, get her mother's attention but all she gets is shouted at or ignored. Sorry but it is parenting or lack of not 'typical teenage boy'

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
FFS when walking down the middle of the aisle if you suddenly see something you want, don't just step sideways with the handle of your trolley, causing it now to be at right angles & completely blocking the aisle, move the trolley properly.
I make allowances for very old and doddery people doing that, but I got very irritated by some younger shoppers doing it yesterday!

I treat moving the trolley like riding my bike - I watch where I am going, slow down in heavy traffic, am careful where I stop, and look over my shoulder before 'changing lanes' in case anybody is coming up behind me.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I make allowances for very old and doddery people doing that, but I got very irritated by some younger shoppers doing it yesterday!

I treat moving the trolley like riding my bike - I watch where I am going, slow down in heavy traffic, am careful where I stop, and look over my shoulder before 'changing lanes' in case anybody is coming up behind me.

The scarey bit is that most of these people drive cars :ohmy:

ColinJ

The scarey bit is that most of these people drive cars :ohmy:
Indeed... I worry about the skill, judgement, and even sanity of some drivers!

I switched my TV on for the lunchtime news today and one of those 'cameras on cops' shows was on whatever channel I'd left selected. There was some commotion on what seemed to be an Australian motorway. It turned out that a drunk driver had spun his van and crashed into the central reservation barrier. A brave witness had stopped to see if the driver was ok and immediately noticed that he was drunk, grabbed his keys and phoned the cops. So then there was an angry drunk staggering in and out of the fast lane, trying to catch the guy with the keys ... The police arrived and arrested him, moved the vehicles and so on. The driver turned out to be so drunk*** that he couldn't stand up, and couldn't even remember how old he was! :eek:

*** More than 4 times the legal limit for alcohol!!

(And as usual, his punishment was pitiful - a short ban and a few hundred dollars fine.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I don't find it's the old that do it, but I daren't mention who it normally is for being flamed on here.

Lullabelle

Banana
Indeed... I worry about the skill, judgement, and even sanity of some drivers!

I switched my TV on for the lunchtime news today and one of those 'cameras on cops' shows was on whatever channel I'd left selected. There was some commotion on what seemed to be an Australian motorway. It turned out that a drunk driver had spun his van and crashed into the central reservation barrier. A brave witness had stopped to see if the driver was ok and immediately noticed that he was drunk, grabbed his keys and phoned the cops. So then there was an angry drunk staggering in and out of the fast lane, trying to catch the guy with the keys ... The police arrived and arrested him, moved the vehicles and so on. The driver turned out to be so drunk*** that he couldn't stand up, and couldn't even remember how old he was! :eek:

*** More than 4 times the legal limit for alcohol!!

(And as usual, his punishment was pitiful - a short ban and a few hundred dollars fine.)

Across the road from us double yellow lines have been painted on the road to sto people parking on the corner, to avoid getting a ticket some people park next to them-partially blocking the lane, they may not get a ticket for parking on the lines but they should get one for parking like a t**t.

ColinJ

Across the road from us double yellow lines have been painted on the road to sto people parking on the corner, to avoid getting a ticket some people park next to them-partially blocking the lane, they may not get a ticket for parking on the lines but they should get one for parking like a t**t.
Some of the narrow side streets round here have people parked right up to the junctions with busier roads, sometimes on both sides of the road!

Highway Code Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:
  • near a school entrance
  • anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
  • at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
  • on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
  • ******** opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space ********
  • near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
  • opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
  • where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
  • where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
  • in front of an entrance to a property
  • on a bend
  • where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities
except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.

I suppose it is inevitable when these houses have no garages and no gardens to use for parking. The home owners only have the road itself. The big problem starts when families have 2+ cars per household. The household down from me have 3 vehicles and 2 of them are often parked in front of my house. That isn't usually a problem because I don't drive, but some of my visitors do. They end up down the road somewhere parked in front of someone else's house.

Top Bottom