Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My goodness, that's quite the job description you have there:

Experience with people with psychological issues I've got, and I'm trained as a cabinet maker as requested. Okay.

Then you want me to be a sales rep, increase the customer base for your products, deal with all the documentation and invoices for the company, run the workshop, organise delivery runs, drive the delivery van, and develop and run training and therapy for the clients?

And of course for this you want a special drivers licence with large trailer training, and as the icing on the cake, "Forklift drivers licence preferred".

You don't want an occupational therapist, you want Superman.

And for the amount you're willing to pay, you may be in for a very long wait...

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
To most people who buy / rent their 1st house then post on various free sites begging for basically the whole contents .
Did you not think to budget for that in the 1st place !:banghead:

Cavaet : those who have had to move out due to bad spouses / abusive etc etc are exempt.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My goodness, that's quite the job description you have there:

Experience with people with psychological issues I've got, and I'm trained as a cabinet maker as requested. Okay.

Then you want me to be a sales rep, increase the customer base for your products, deal with all the documentation and invoices for the company, run the workshop, organise delivery runs, drive the delivery van, and develop and run training and therapy for the clients?

And of course for this you want a special drivers licence with large trailer training, and as the icing on the cake, "Forklift drivers licence preferred".

You don't want an occupational therapist, you want Superman.

And a the amount your willing to pay, you may be in for a very long wait...

And whilst you're doing all that, stick a broom up your arse and sweep the floor

To most people who buy / rent their 1st house then post on various free sites begging for basically the whole contents .

Cavaet : those who have had to move out due to bad spouses / abusive etc etc are exempt.

Trouble is, if you have to move because there's no work where you were, you probably have to already ask friends and family for help with a deposit. Furniture is the next hurdle after you've managed that and probably slept on the floor for the first month.

We work with agencies that help people moving into Stuttgart with things like kitchen units and old furniture, and/or grants to help people get basic items. Every now and again we're called on to help a client build a bed or a kitchen. I'm sure the UK has similar organisations, and I'm also pretty sure they're getting swamped right now.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes im a bike , im doing 27 mph you dont have to overtake on a surbuban road where kids play even if it takes you a while to get past to prove your gas guzzling old banger can go faster .

That happened to me not so long ago - I was on a 1000cc motorcycle going a sensible speed for the road

(still looking at job adverts)

...Hmm... you want someone to run your cleaning team made up of people with varied mental health issues, you're absolutely insistent they have to be experienced as a cleaning team manager or caretaker, but then you say training in social care, or experience with people with mental health issues is "optional"

Call me cynical, but I'm not convinced your priorities are looking for those entrusted to your care.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member

Asking "does anyone have a surplus such and such?" doesn't seem that outragous. We've got a street faceache page and we have quite a lot of "does anyone want a ... " / "has anyone got .." Much better for environment if things are given away rather than dumped and even removing excess clutter is good for the giver as I for one find jt hard to dump somethjng that isn't actually broken

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Asking "does anyone have a surplus such and such?" doesn't seem that outragous. We've got a street faceache page and we have quite a lot of "does anyone want a ... " / "has anyone got .." Much better for environment if things are given away rather than dumped and even removing excess clutter is good for the giver as I for one find jt hard to dump somethjng that isn't actually broken
But they are asking for widescreen tvs, ovens, etc etc specific brands of furniture ......

Top Bottom