Things you'd like to say, but can't

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Stig-OT-Dump, 11 Aug 2010.

1. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Remark Generator, Waffler

Good god man the sun is still high in the sky, you should not be throwing up on your own shoes for at least another 4 hours.

2. YukonBoy

YukonBoy The Monch

self-gratification artists....

3. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

He's no lightweight, he is well into the second day of his drinking session! :whistle:

Edwardoka likes this.
  4. Edwardoka

He was not. But shots of Jägermeister while sitting outside in the sun for several hours was only going to end one way.

Last edited: 27 Jun 2019
  5. "I didn't get a puncture this morning."

Same place too. I think I know what happened this time but I'll have to take a look later.

6. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

Your parking prowess is amazing, no traffic warden would dream of putting a ticket on your car :dry:

Salty seadog and Andy in Germany like this.
  7. Edwardoka

No it's fine, overtake me while I'm on my slow lap and then leave the track before I've had a chance to show my superior prowess. COME BACK YOU COWARD!!!

8. My goodness, that's quite the job description you have there:

Experience with people with psychological issues I've got, and I'm trained as a cabinet maker as requested. Okay.

Then you want me to be a sales rep, increase the customer base for your products, deal with all the documentation and invoices for the company, run the workshop, organise delivery runs, drive the delivery van, and develop and run training and therapy for the clients?

And of course for this you want a special drivers licence with large trailer training, and as the icing on the cake, "Forklift drivers licence preferred".

You don't want an occupational therapist, you want Superman.

And for the amount you're willing to pay, you may be in for a very long wait...

Last edited: 29 Jun 2019
  9. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

To most people who buy / rent their 1st house then post on various free sites begging for basically the whole contents .
    Did you not think to budget for that in the 1st place !:banghead:

Cavaet : those who have had to move out due to bad spouses / abusive etc etc are exempt.

10. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

There's one on my local town Faceache group like that. Every post she seems to make is on the scrounge for something either for free or next to nothing.

Edwardoka and cyberknight like this.
  11. alicat

alicat Legendary Member

^^^ Well she is Scottish, says the Yorkshirewoman getting her coat. :whistle:

12. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

Yes im a bike , im doing 27 mph you dont have to overtake on a surbuban road where kids play even if it takes you a while to get past to prove your gas guzzling old banger can go faster .

13. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

And whilst you're doing all that, stick a broom up your arse and sweep the floor

raleighnut and Andy in Germany like this.
  14. Trouble is, if you have to move because there's no work where you were, you probably have to already ask friends and family for help with a deposit. Furniture is the next hurdle after you've managed that and probably slept on the floor for the first month.

We work with agencies that help people moving into Stuttgart with things like kitchen units and old furniture, and/or grants to help people get basic items. Every now and again we're called on to help a client build a bed or a kitchen. I'm sure the UK has similar organisations, and I'm also pretty sure they're getting swamped right now.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2019
    raleighnut likes this.
  15. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

That happened to me not so long ago - I was on a 1000cc motorcycle going a sensible speed for the road

raleighnut and Andy in Germany like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice