Things you'd like to say, but can't

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Stig-OT-Dump, 11 Aug 2010.

1. (still looking at job adverts)

...Hmm... you want someone to run your cleaning team made up of people with varied mental health issues, you're absolutely insistent they have to be experienced as a cleaning team manager or caretaker, but then you say training in social care, or experience with people with mental health issues is "optional"

Call me cynical, but I'm not convinced your priorities are looking for those entrusted to your care.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2019
    Pat "5mph" likes this.
  2. Happens here occasionally, on "play streets" where the speed limit is 7km/h. That's four miles an hour.

You will not be surprised to know that I tend to take the lane.

raleighnut likes this.
  3. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Asking "does anyone have a surplus such and such?" doesn't seem that outragous. We've got a street faceache page and we have quite a lot of "does anyone want a ... " / "has anyone got .." Much better for environment if things are given away rather than dumped and even removing excess clutter is good for the giver as I for one find jt hard to dump somethjng that isn't actually broken

raleighnut and Andy in Germany like this.
  4. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

But they are asking for widescreen tvs, ovens, etc etc specific brands of furniture ......

Maverick Goose likes this.
  5. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

If you dont like it here **** of. Dont come here and moan about it.

6. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

Why have you bought more bacon, you know I've just thrown away 2 packs we haven't eaten that were a month out of date.

7. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Fair enough that's maybe a bit cheeky and / or odd, and is a little different from "has anyone got an old chest of drawers spare?", or trying to scrounge an old telly

raleighnut likes this.
  8. Yes madam, I know you are standing right next to your shopping trolley, but you parked it across the entrance to the supermarket and there is a line of people waiting for you to move.

(I didn't need to say this, because the gent waiting gave me a huge grin and ironic "Thank you" as he went past...)

9. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Colin - the reason that the coffee in the pot looks 'different' is because you forgot to boil the kettle ... :wacko:

Colin - the coffee hasn't gone cold while you were distracted by CycleChat; it was never hot in the first place! :whistle:

10. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Wrighty, yer show's getting a bit sh**, no joking...and that's with a 'g'

mistyoptic likes this.
  11. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

Careful with those grapes, they appear to be rather sour

raleighnut and Threevok like this.
  12. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

You've never hitched up the caravan yourself and the only time you tow is between Aires on long drags through France.

Why do think it's OK to stand over me and tell me I'm doing it wrong while getting sorted to tow it back it to store?????

Andy in Germany likes this.
  13. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

At the end of this month a new bod will be joining us in the office, an engineer. For some reason 1 of the others has been clucking and fussing over the whole thing, no idea why but he isn't happy, it is funny to watch him behave like a child.

14. I told you, I Bl**dy told you.

Four years ago.

Repeatedly.

But you didn't listen,

And now I'm having to sort out the mess.

So stop sulking at me now things aren't working the way you absolutely demanded they should...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice