This Bike Any Good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shades.5

Hi all newish cyclist here just bought a hybird cluade butler urban 200 any one got one of there or heard if there any good,

If you are new(ish) then the bike is probably as good as you need as you get better then see if you need a better bike.

The bike a newbie needs is really only anything that is the right size, is comfortable (usually sore bum when you start cycling) and has a good enough low gear to get you up the hills where you cycle.

Just enjoy it and if it has limitations or is not right it will show up in time.

You will know more when you come to get the next bike.

Better that than going out for a £1,000 first bike!

PrettyboyTim

I have a Claud Butler Urban 100 (2007), and I've been using to it get to work and back for a little over a year, and it's not a bad little bike for the money. I guess its biggest failing is that it's rather on the heavy side, but I've found it fine for my needs. I ride about 14-15 miles/day on it, and I thoroughly enjoy myself.

As fas as I remember the Urban 200 has front shocks (and a suspension seatpost?) which will smooth out the ride over speed humps etc but it may also slow you down a little as some of the energy you put into pedalling ends up being absorbed by the springs as the supension bobs up and down. Probably not a big problem though.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun on it. Sure, there are better bikes out there, but as Over The Hill says, no point in spending a lot of money until you've got the experience to know what you want.

Top Bottom