Those "early miles" ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good afternoon,

Best wishes on the recovery side.

When I had a nasty off a few years ago I was given something that was really quite fun or maybe it was just a side effect of the off.

Everything moved about 90 degrees from where you saw something to where it felt like it should be.

Lying down, 50% of the wall behind me was vertical and 50% was horizontal, this continued all around the perception arc, lying down my feet were below me, standing up part of the floor was vertical and behind me.

Sadly the world has returned to normal; the floor is below my feet, the sky is above me not in front of me and the tax man wants paying.

So I now see crashes as an opportunity to explore perception and in all truth I would have paid for that experience, it was truly weird!

Bye

Bye

Ian

Or is there just one Bye? :-)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Bloody hell @biggs682

Get well soon.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
When I had the operation after my 2016 crash I bought a pile of cheap cycling travelogue book via eBay/a popular river website. All £4 delivered or less.

They at least kept me occupied whilst unable to move for 9 weeks.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
First cuppa went down well
Been a bad start to the day nearing the end of my early am ride I got knocked off the bike on a roundabout , ambulance and police called along with my partner.
Bleeding from back of head stiff from waist downwards.
Now at kgh just had X ray on pelvis/hip area. Head is bandaged awaiting inspection.
Could be a lot worse .
Bike looked ok but unsure till checked over .
Thankfully driver stopped till emergency services arrived and took over
Have a good day xx

Just spotted this. Hope you're ok and back to being fully fit soon!!

alicat

Legendary Member
Ouch! Last time I checked you can join Cycling UK and use their no win no fee solicitors retrospectively. I had a similar injury and got £7k via the Cycling UK solicitors 10 years ago.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Ouch! Last time I checked you can join Cycling UK and use their no win no fee solicitors retrospectively. I had a similar injury and got £7k via the Cycling UK solicitors 10 years ago.

Or contact Leigh Day direct. They're trying to sort something for me without membership of any cycling body. Obviously will be on a "no win, no fee" basis.

gavgav

Guru
First cuppa went down well
Been a bad start to the day nearing the end of my early am ride I got knocked off the bike on a roundabout , ambulance and police called along with my partner.
Bleeding from back of head stiff from waist downwards.
Now at kgh just had X ray on pelvis/hip area. Head is bandaged awaiting inspection.
Could be a lot worse .
Bike looked ok but unsure till checked over .
Thankfully driver stopped till emergency services arrived and took over
Have a good day xx

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

icowden

Veteran
I made contact with c - ams who seem to have the ball rolling very quickly and have been very good so far so will see how things go as still early days

Get well soon - if you end up buying takeaways or taking taxis etc, get receipts or snapshots of bills - your solicitor will need them to justify your reasonable expenses during your period of recovery.

Top Bottom