Those "early miles" ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
That's some wallop you've taken. :hugs:

Sharky

Guru
I've been in similar situation four times, with various broken bones. To reassure you, getting back to fitness is easier than you might be thinking right now. Once you get some degree of movement back, you become very disciplined in following a progressive plan and you will see improvements by the day.

Good luck

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
As @Sharky has put - a plan seems sensible.

Me? I went out for a 2.5 mile 'test' ride four weeks after my 2016 crash, which turned into 11 miles. Then rode to work a couple of days later.

No plan. No sense :blink:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Quick update: stitches removed leaving a scabby area which is slowly breaking up.
Bruises around left buttock area a plenty and can be tender.
Walking around the house with the aid of a stick, yesterday walked around local small block about 15 minutes pushing an empty wheelchair for balance.

Tried swinging a leg over a road bike but failed.
Missing the rides but plan to be back on the bike when ready.
Sounds like the bike will be written off but not totally sure.
So getting there slowly.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Quick update:
Since Wednesday this week I have been going out for a bimble every morning firstly just 1.5 mile then a 3 mile and today a 7 mile ride on local cycle paths.

No reaction to the above has been felt so hopefully next week I shall actually try riding on roads again and see how it goes along with a few more miles.

Alex321

Veteran
Quick update:
Since Wednesday this week I have been going out for a bimble every morning firstly just 1.5 mile then a 3 mile and today a 7 mile ride on local cycle paths.

No reaction to the above has been felt so hopefully next week I shall actually try riding on roads again and see how it goes along with a few more miles.

Well done getting back out on the bike. Hope the rest of your recovery progresses well.

Top Bottom