Those Electric Cigarette Thingys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I smoked for over 40 years, finally gave up 2 years ago. the government complains about smokers and wanting people to quit, yet throw as many obstacles in they're way as they can and make smokers feel like the lowest of the low. They don't mention the fact that smoking brings in huge amounts of money. Its all very hypacritical. Alcohol kills large numbers of people as well, but they aren't treated like smokers.

That is not a particularly good comparison to draw.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
So if you're a cyclist and a smoker you should basically turn up your toes right now!
I do not smoke, never have. But I have absolutely no problem being in the company of people who do.
Not cyclists in particular, I was just saying that smoking these days is seen as some kind of devil worship.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Im lucky. I was the only one who smoked in my immediate family, so I no longer come into contact with smokers, however there are times when I could almost sell my own mother for just one cigarette. Luckily rhe feeling pases very quickly
Was it really difficult to give up? I've heard the craving never really goes away.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Was it really difficult to give up? I've heard the craving never really goes away.

Yes it was. After smoking for 40 plus years. I had tried numerous time, but finally made the decision, and it was the best thing I ever did. However, i have no doubt, if I went for a night out, all it would take would be a couple of drinks, and I could very easily give in to the dreaded weed again. And I will be an addict and susceptible to smoking again for the rest of my life

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Yes it was. After smoking for 40 plus years. I had tried numerous time, but finally made the decision, and it was the best thing I ever did. However, i have no doubt, if I went for a night out, all it would take would be a couple of drinks, and I could very easily give in to the dreaded weed again. And I will be an addict and susceptible to smoking again for the rest of my life
That was what I heard. Brilliant of you to stick to it though.

Yup and yup :sad: I've been stopped from 20+ a day for 10+ years, BUT, I have had the occasional relapse, (stress and emotion can make you do funny things!), and TBH I have no doubt there'll be more relapses before I draw my last, but I also know that if and when that does happen I can knock it on the head quickly as well.

As an ex-smoker a freshly lit fag smells divine, but on the flip side, someone who has recently smoked a fag stinks like a manky old ashtray xx(

TBH if these e-cigs had been around when I quit I'm not sure I'd ever have given them up completely. I suspect I'd still be buying zero nicotine juice and carrying on 'vaping' just because I could :whistle:

welsh dragon

That was what I heard. Brilliant of you to stick to it though.

Thanks. I would hate to fail now. I hate the smell on your clothes, not to mention the huge amount of money it costs. I was in a shop the other day and saw the cost of the ciggies I used to have £7.36 for 20 and I smoked 20 a day. God thats a lot of money.

welsh dragon

Yup and yup :sad: I've been stopped from 20+ a day for 10+ years, BUT, I have had the occasional relapse, (stress and emotion can make you do funny things!), and TBH I have no doubt there'll be more relapses before I draw my last, but I also know that if and when that does happen I can knock it on the head quickly as well.

As an ex-smoker a freshly lit fag smells divine, but on the flip side, someone who has recently smoked a fag stinks like a manky old ashtray xx(

TBH if these e-cigs had been around when I quit I'm not sure I'd ever have given them up completely. I suspect I'd still be buying zero nicotine juice and carrying on 'vaping' just because I could :whistle:

I agree completely. But I haven't had a single cigarette. Its to tempting. But I still love the smell, of a fresh cigarette., wow.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people

Does one every now and again do you much harm really?

Thanks. I would hate to fail now. I hate the smell on your clothes, not to mention the huge amount of money it costs. I was in a shop the other day and saw the cost of the ciggies I used to have £7.36 for 20 and I smoked 20 a day. God thats a lot of money.
I know what you mean, I was in the fuel station the other week and the guy front bought 20 Richmond KS, IIRC they were about £8. £8 for 'budget' fags. Then I looked online and a sleeve of 200 Bensons from Tesco today will set you back £82.80!!!

Top Bottom