Thunderbirds Are Go!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Why have they not used the classic opening sequence music ?
March of the Thunderbirds by Barry Gray

(Starts at 0.44 seconds)

(And given my log on, named due to my resemblance as a kid to a certain puppet, a nick name that I still have today)

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Ryan Stone could have done with IR.

gravity3-570x285.jpg

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Ah! The memories. My son (now 18) was Thunderbirds mad at the age of 5. For a while, pride of place on his bedroom wall was given to a picture of Virgil Tracy standing in front of Thunderbird 2, with his own face Photoshopped in place of Virgil's and I still remember his excitement when I first showed him the trailer for the live action movie (an early version using Song 2 by Blur as the background music. It was a damn sight better than what came after!)

AndyRM

XOXO
Why have they not used the classic opening sequence music ?
March of the Thunderbirds by Barry Gray

(Starts at 0.44 seconds)

(And given my log on, named due to my resemblance as a kid to a certain puppet, a nick name that I still have today)

I can only assume that those behind this remake are idiots. The Thunderbirds theme is iconic, I kept waiting for it to kick in during the trailer.

Thunderbirds was one of my favourites growing up (closely followed by Stingray and Captain Scarlet) so I'll give this a go, but I'm not expecting much.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Has it occurred to anyone that those who watched the original Thunderbirds aren't the target audience for this reboot? It's being shown on CITV, personally not a channel I frequent much. I think the new look is quite fresh.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Looking forward to it although the Tracy brothers look a tad on the young side. And what have they done to the great green trilobite of TB2 :eek:- looks a bit to angular and 'chunky' for my liking. Also, just like in that naff live action movie, FAB1 can fly. Still, with WETa digital involved, I'm sure it'll look good. I really liked the updated New Captain Scarlet that was around a few years back. Hopefully this'll kick-start interest in Gerry Anderson stuff. Still waiting for news on the supposed mega-buck action movie of UFO.

BTW, that thing at 0.23 in the trailer - remind anyone of the Space 1999 eagles?.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Has it occurred to anyone that those who watched the original Thunderbirds aren't the target audience for this reboot? It's being shown on CITV, personally not a channel I frequent much. I think the new look is quite fresh.

WHAT:eek:? Your joking of course. Not aimed at people who watced the original? Jeez

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I never joke about such things. :dry:

Sorry, but it does not compute. Thunderbirds, stingray, jo 90, steve zodiac, were the best things on tv EVER and they should never be interfered with like that. Of course those cartoons are aimed at us old timers. To say otherwise if blasphemy.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Sorry, but it does not compute. Thunderbirds, stingray, jo 90, steve zodiac, were the best things on tv EVER and they should never be interfered with like that. Of course those cartoons are aimed at us old timers. To say otherwise if blasphemy.
LOL if they were aimed at, as you say, "old timers" they'd put it on in the afternoons between Bargain Hunt and reruns of Hi De Hi :laugh:

Top Bottom