Time for a new mini twin tub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I remember posting about buying one about 3 years ago, but I can't find the thread to revive it. Anyway, my slightly used/pre-loved :rolleyes: mini/portable twin tub stopped spinning the other day. I got it for half price due to (I think) it being used once then returned to the seller. I need a new one asap as I don't like travelling to 'launderettes' now due to mobility and parking outside them problems. I also got out the habit of letting my laundry bag pile up and going to a launderette every fortnight. I now prefer to wash small amounts every few days. I have my eyes on this.

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/low-w...jenwPbf5RS81f0IlCbvr7c2eoVBnByucaAg32EALw_wcB

Washing Tub
£122.99
RRP: £164.99
You Save: £42.00 :okay:
Product Code: LEIWLWACC421

What do you reckon?🤔

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If I do buy it I wonder if the delivery driver will take my old one away if I cross his palm with silver? 🧐 🤔

All uphill

Still rolling along
Do you know anyone who can have a look at yours?

From time to time I am asked to fix washing machines and it's often something simple.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Do you know anyone who can have a look at yours?

From time to time I am asked to fix washing machines and it's often something simple.
It's not really worth it. I asked on a local f/book page and was quoted £50 an hour for repairs. It's not only the spinner as the water outlet pipe has started to leak as well. It must've done hundreds of washes, so i suppose its worked out at less than a pound per wash as if I remember rightly I paid about £60 for it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Why not resort to disposing of the old appliance properly?

In your case, that will probably mean phoning the local authority to arrange for a special collection if you really are so disabled as to be unable to take it to the tip.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why not resort to disposing of the old appliance properly?

In your case, that will probably mean phoning the local authority to arrange for a special collection if you really are so disabled as to be unable to take it to the tip.
I asked. They told me they can't come into homes for 'health and safety' reasons.:rolleyes: So although they'll take it away I'd have to get it downstairs myself, which to me is a bigger health and safety problem. They also take weeks to come and take stuff away. I don't want an unsightly twin tub washer outside mine and neighbouring flats for weeks on end. I could post it as 'anyone want this' on the local f/book page, but I don't think scrap dealers would take it as it's mostly plastic.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We were given a similar twin tub by my folks for use at the caravan. Does the job for smalls and the like, and will do sweatty cycling gear.
I can fit most things in mine. Ok, larger items like my sleeping bag can only be done on their own and doing a wash can take from 1 to 2 hours, but I do like the "Oh I've missed something, I'll just open the lid and chuck it in" advantage over once turned on then locked till the cycle finishes automatic washers.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just don't overload them....
And keep an eye out for stuff like socks flying out the spinner then ending up blocking the drain like one of mine did. I couldn't find the plastic disc thingy one day, so I spun without it. The next time I used the spinner it slowed down to about a quarter of its normal speed as the water built up in the spinning compartment.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I asked. They told me they can't come into homes for 'health and safety' reasons.:rolleyes: So although they'll take it away I'd have to get it downstairs myself, which to me is a bigger health and safety problem. They also take weeks to come and take stuff away. I don't want an unsightly twin tub washer outside mine and neighbouring flats for weeks on end. I could post it as 'anyone want this' on the local f/book page, but I don't think scrap dealers would take it as it's mostly plastic.

Get a friend/someone who works at the shop to hoik it downstairs.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That looks very similar to the one we have. Works fine, just that the spin speed is not so high so things won't come out very dry. No probs down here as the sun dried stuff out very fast.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That looks very similar to the one we have. Works fine, just that the spin speed is not so high so things won't come out very dry. No probs down here as the sun dried stuff out very fast.

View attachment 623690
I think it's the same spin speed as the one I have, which is fine. Yes, there are faster, but the smaller load machines at the local laundry aren't as fast as my twin tub. I can tell when I hang stuff up after they've been washed at the laundry how wet they still are. Yes, you could use the 50p a time spinner at the laundry, but it's been 'out of order' now for about 2 years.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom