Time for a new mini twin tub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why don't you just get an automatic washer?. I honestly never knew that you could still get twin tubs.
They're too big for my small flat and I'd have to pay the housing association to have one plumbed in. Plus, as stated before I like the ability to open the top and chuck missed stuff in, or take stuff out if you think it's had enough of a washing.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I can fit most things in mine. Ok, larger items like my sleeping bag can only be done on their own and doing a wash can take from 1 to 2 hours, but I do like the "Oh I've missed something, I'll just open the lid and chuck it in" advantage over once turned on then locked till the cycle finishes automatic washers.
Modern ones don't do this. If one forgets something press the appropriate button, wait for the door to unlock and then put the missed item in.

Modern machines are very adaptable. Ours for example has a 15 minute up to 3 hours 30 minute wash cycle depending on the items.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
They're too big for my small flat and I'd have to pay the housing association to have one plumbed in. Plus, as stated before I like the ability to open the top and chuck missed stuff in, or take stuff out if you think it's had enough of a washing.
I see, I think if you just put the old one outside your flat it would be taken as scrap more or less straight away. If its not just say its been fly tipped and the council will take it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Er, am I right in thinking opening a top loader's door half way through a washing cycle means most of the water pours out?🤔
You drain it first with a front loader :wacko:…takes a minute to do so with my Bosch (10 years old probably). I find the dropped sock almost immediately. Never needed to add something half way through!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
if it's got a metal casing, a scrap dealer will take it.

There's a local 'free and up for grabs' page on facebook, i guess Accrington will have one to. I put some scrap on that, someone tagged a bloke called Stef and i used him for shifting my scrap ever since, i just message him on FB, telling him there's a washing machine, oven, radiator, whatever... in my front yard and it's gone in a day.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
if it's got a metal casing, a scrap dealer will take it.

There's a local 'free and up for grabs' page on facebook, i guess Accrington will have one to
The only metal is the spinner drum.

Edit...and having just said that i've just checked and it's plastic.:rolleyes:

Nope, the only way this is going is by me crossing the delivery driver's palm with silver! 🧐

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Er, am I right in thinking opening a top loader's door half way through a washing cycle means most of the water pours out?🤔
I guess you meant front loader but no it doesn't. Our Bosch is designed to run on very little water and as far as I know the water level is never enough to spill out. I've had it 2 years and can only recall one occasion when I couldn't open the door to pop something else in. The benefits of a modern machine are significant. For example I can wash a full set of winter cycling gear, socks, bib shorts, bib longs, base layer (possibly two), winter jersey/jacket in 15 minutes and it comes out dry to the point where ten minutes in front of a radiator and it's fully dry.

You mentioned plumbing in. All that is required is a cold water inlet feed and waste water out, it's two minute job to connect presuming the plumbing is there which it should be in any property that's been in anyway modernised.

vickster

Legendary Member
The only metal is the spinner drum.

Edit...and having just said that i've just checked and it's plastic.:rolleyes:

Nope, the only way this is going is by me crossing the delivery driver's palm with silver! 🧐
They might take it down but can’t imagine they’ll take it away. Here can arrange for council to take away on a specific day, did with my mattress, just had new one come on same day

Top Bottom