Time for a new mini twin tub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You mentioned plumbing in. All that is required is a cold water inlet feed and waste out, it's two minute job to connect presuming the plumbing is there which it should be in any property that's been in anyway modernised.
I had someone look at how to do it before I bought the twin tub. he said it'd need holes cutting through the cupboards to feed the water pipes through, due to where the washer would fit if I bought one. I doubt the housing association would allow that.

Gunk

Guru

winjim

Smash the cistern
Our fro
I guess you meant front loader but no it doesn't. Our Bosch is designed to run on very little water and as far as I know the water level is never enough to spill out. I've had it 2 years and can only recall one occasion when I couldn't open the door to pop something else in. The benefits of a modern machine are significant. For example I can wash a full set of winter cycling gear, socks, bib shorts, bib longs, base layer (possibly two), winter jersey/jacket in 15 minutes and it comes out dry to the point where ten minutes in front of a radiator and it's fully dry.

You mentioned plumbing in. All that is required is a cold water inlet feed and waste water out, it's two minute job to connect presuming the plumbing is there which it should be in any property that's been in anyway modernised.
And the installers will take the old one away for you.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

winjim

Smash the cistern
I had someone look at how to do it before I bought the twin tub. he said it'd need holes cutting through the cupboards to feed the water pipes through, due to where the washer would fit if I bought one. I doubt the housing association would allow that.
Your HA won't let you install a washing machine?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not if it involves cutting through cupboards so I was told. Mind you this is the same H/A that rehouses dickheads who get pissed/drugged up and smash their flat up, so I suppose a few 2 inch diameter, neatly cut holes won't faze them!:rolleyes:
They will let you cut holes in cupboards to house a washing machine for pipes and waist……..thats why the gap is left there for you

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They will let you cut holes in cupboards to house a washing machine for pipes and waist……..thats why the gap is left there for you
I can't see, or find the taps for a washing machine. 🤔

1640568928091.png

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
If you don't know what you are doing then you need to get a plumber in to do it. We once had a washer plumber in badly when I bought a new one and the whole kitchen flooded. It was terrible.
If I were you and you don't want to be paying a lot out then just get the mini twin tub.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Accy, your in housing accossation, if you ask them nicely they should put in a washing machine inlet and outlet for free as they would sooner they do it than you.
If you are on housing benefit the council will take anything from your place away for free, check on their website or phone them.
As for getting in down stairs find a man and van, they will do it for about £25, if not ask in the local pub if there is anybody would do it.

Top Bottom