Time for a new mini twin tub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy, your in housing accossation, if you ask them nicely they should put in a washing machine inlet and outlet for free as they would sooner they do it than you.
If you are on housing benefit the council will take anything from your place away for free, check on their website or phone them.
As for getting in down stairs find a man and van, they will do it for about £25, if not ask in the local pub if there is anybody would do it.
They might put washer taps in @numbnuts , but I bet it'd take a good few months before they'd get round to it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If I were you and you don't want to be paying a lot out then just get the mini twin tub.
I think this'd be the best thing to do. I've found automatic washers that aren't much more that the mini twin tub, but they're all too wide to fit in the gap for a washer.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
They might put washer taps in @numbnuts , but I bet it'd take a good few months before they'd get round to it.
Put them in yourself its not difficult…..you can get taps that self tap into the pipework. As for the waste, you just need to get the washing waste pipe that fits inline with what you got.

this a self tapping tap

1640614880700.jpeg

and this is the waste pipe fitting that goes inline with your current pipework, you attaching the waste pipe to the longish spout at the top

1640614772994.jpeg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Put them in yourself its not difficult…..you can get taps that self tap into the pipework. As for the waste, you just need to get the washing waste pipe that fits inline with what you got.

this a self tapping tap

View attachment 623775
and this is the waste pipe fitting that goes inline with your current pipework, you attaching the waste pipe to the longish spout at the top

View attachment 623774
I'm not touching anything! I do not know about these things. I'm not an experimental D.I.Yer. No matter how 'easy' it may be to some, if I cocked it up this'd most likely mean flooding into the flat below. :stop:

jowwy

I'm not touching anything! I do not know about these things. I'm not an experimental D.I.Yer. No matter how 'easy' it may be to some, if I cocked it up this'd most likely mean flooding into the flat below. :stop:
Then phone your HA and ask them to come fit them…..if you dont ask, you dont get. TBH they should have already been fitted for you when you moved into the property.

jowwy

Yes, they should, but I don't know why. 🤔
Then pick up the phone and ask them why there isnt……..

CXRAndy

Guru
Dont let some some scrote take it. It will end up in a country lane ditch. Phone the council, get a date when they will collect, usually a few days to a week in advance. Get a friend to help lift it down stairs and place it ready for collection. Put a note on it saying council are arranged to collect.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'm thinking offering 20 quid will persuade him/her to take it with them. I suppose then they'll take it to the local waste/recycling centre.🤔
Are there any scrapmen in your area? There are loads around here, they take anything apart from fridges and freezers.

Top Bottom