Time for action

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Idea,

It's worth us all putting signs up in our work cycle stands..... may just make one cyclist think.

Like this

http://www.kiwicycles.com/links.htm

Jake

was thining of getting the high quality images from the papers andusing slow zooms and pans into the images in part of the advert. Anyone good with music?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The RoSPA video is worthy, but so interminably boring that I can't see many watching it. A snazzier, shorter version that has viral potential would be worthwhile, I think.

I would be happy to contribute still photography to the project.

Ben www.photographybybenlovejoy.com

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great idea. Can we get a bigger version of that sign. I'd laminate it now and stick it up at our bike park now.

It prints out OK on portrait A4 - just stuck it up in ours. Will take one to my other site tomorrow.

Jake

If there was funding then yes. Also if there was fundung, (pipe dream), then have the image/warnting printed onto the back of fluorescent waste coats like Sky did last year for the reclaim the streets cycle day thingy.

scouserinlondon

Jake said:
If there was funding then yes. Also if there was fundung, (pipe dream), then have the image/warnting printed onto the back of fluorescent waste coats like Sky did last year for the reclaim the streets cycle day thingy.

If we can come up with a clear and workable concept then maybe we can draft in a PR type to do some pro-bono plugging? There may even be the odd PR on here?

I'd be willing to help, don't know how. Clearly something more needs to be done here, I'd rather be doing something active that might help, if we are only talking about it on a cycle forum we are pretty much preaching to the converted.
Also maybe get a HGV forum involved? Shared experiences from both sides rather than being preachy and a hate relationship with each other.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Thanks guys for the input and support. :biggrin:

User, that is indeed a good sticker and I too would add that to our bike shed.

I came across this
suicide_card_vis2.jpg

on londonfgss.

Is anyone here a member on there? I'm sure those guys would want to help out.

scouserinlondon

semislickstick said:
I'd be willing to help, don't know how. Clearly something more needs to be done here, I'd rather be doing something active that might help, if we are only talking about it on a cycle forum we are pretty much preaching to the converted.
Also maybe get a HGV forum involved? Shared experiences from both sides rather than being preachy and a hate relationship with each other.

Hmm, I may be able to help there. I used to work on trucking mags and still have contact with their editor. We need a clear campaign and idea and I'll call him.

karlos_the_jackal

Work in progress
I'd be up for supporting it. Am a bit of an entreprenuer myself (plug www.myolondon.com) so have been looking at cheap ways to advertise. If everybody has bikes think we could possibly get wheel discs with the logos. everybody looks at each other bikes at junctions. Also investigated clean graffitti myself and the templates only cost about £70 to be made up, anybody got a high pressure washer and a van then we can target several locations in a night and its not breaking the law.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I would have thought that the media of choice would be a full pager in The Sun. It must be read on more building sites, loading bays, bus depots and anywhere else that drivers are trying to pass half an hour than any other publication out there. Being completely naive about media matters i have no idea what it would cost, but there must be an organisation out there that would help.

The Metro also has a section where they focus on websites, normally about cat's dancing but i'm sure they could be persuaded, i guess a lot of London cyclists are also train users.

On the original idea though, great initiative and i would be more than happy to help, although i don't have any arty type skills or experience.
Good luck with it Mags.

Jake

some lorries do have stickers and warnings on them now which is great. So another place is to put them there too.

whos up for going to No.10? I know Mag likes publicity ;o)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

scouserinlondon said:
Hmm, I may be able to help there. I used to work on trucking mags and still have contact with their editor. We need a clear campaign and idea and I'll call him.

Excellent! I absolutely agree that this has to be joint. Does anyone post on HGV forums to gauge willingness to help. If it came from both sides that would certainly remove any feeling of preaching from those 'bloody cyclists'. Also having both groups committed would also raise the media interest.

And thanks Ben for the photograph offer. Some emotive images would certainly help!

semislickstick, thanks for the offer of help. I'm sure we can find a way to get everyone involved.

Top Bottom