Time saving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I appreciate Hive etc let's you scratch your bum remotely using a mobile phone, but its the miniscule - if any at all - amount of time save being used as a prime selling point that promoted my question.

That they can be useful I wouldn't dispute. That they save any time, however, is wide open to challenge.

I had a great argument with Alexa the other day about playing me some Uriah Heep. Any time I may have saved over manually slipping a disc in the player was doubly negated by her surly, uncooperative attitude.
What's the intrest rate on time saved?

Alright saving something if you can get a decent return on it later. Where do you bank the time saved, using all the time saving gadgets that have been brought out over the years.

You need a "smart phone" into which you put the instructions first. If it were that smart, it'd know and you'd save even more time.

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4980036, member: 9609"]I have just been reading an article for doing up the bathroom, apparently you can get showers that you can control from your phone, apparently it has an 'app' that enhances the showering experience, (not really sure what an app is but sounds utterly bonkers)[/QUOTE]
Am I going to have to upgrade to a waterproof phone next? :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Great; so now I can not only accidentally phone random people from the phone in my pocket, I can also turn my cooker on and burn the house down! There's progress for you.
Or if you lose your handset, someone could do it for you. More time saved.

Be interesting to see how any insurance claim, burst pipe, faulty kettle, would go though.

johnnyb47

Guru
It's quite funny reading this post,as I was thinking on similar lines after watch an Alexa advert on tv.
In the ad the lady goes " Alexa, tell roomba to clean the house"
If you don't know what a "Roomba" is ,its one of those robotic vacuum cleaners that resembles a dust bin lid.
So in over words your asking a device to tell another device to hoover your house..How bloody lazy is that!! :=)

classic33

Leg End Member
My sister has that Hive thingy :ohmy:
Can switch on the heating when on the way home from work!
I almost asked why as the central heating timer will put it on for you, (even if you forget) :dry:
You might be early or late though.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's quite funny reading this post,as I was thinking on similar lines after watch an Alexa advert on tv.
In the ad the lady goes " Alexa, tell roomba to clean the house"
If you don't know what a "Roomba" is ,its one of those robotic vacuum cleaners that resembles a dust bin lid.
So in over words your asking a device to tell another device to hoover your house..How bloody lazy is that!! :=)
I hope they have sorted out the voice recognition stuff to be able to recognise regional accents!

Top Bottom