Time saving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
We have hive, our lass loves it.

I'm still on the old fashioned system of controlling the heating. If I'm warm I'll be in a tee shirt. If I get cold I put a jumper on.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm pretty sure you can order MacDonalds via one of those new restaurant/food delivery services. One of the kids working for me in the summer did it at one point.

Omg , im shocked ...we're finished as a healthy race

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Omg , im shocked ...we're finished as a healthy race

I know, I know. I'll be the only fit person left.

maxresdefault.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
That hive thing would have to be bloody fantastic to turn the heating on in my house, as all i have is a wood burning stove. :laugh: i have the Alexa app on my kindle fire tablet, but apart from asking it what the weather was like outside (which was stupid as all i had to do was look through the bloomin window) i have never used it. :laugh:

Colin_P

Guru
Automate as little as your home as is possible because when skynet becomes self aware there will be millions killed by their toasters, hoovers and other killer domestic appliances. This will be preceded by the 'brownout' years where skynet will switch off your oven halfway through you cooking dinner as previous gubberments failed to build any power stations.

I have a love hate relationship with technology, on one hand I refuse to get a smartphone and on the other I have an incredibly sophisticated bit of tech embedded in my chest which keeps my among the living. The defib / pacemaker is no doubt hackable by skynet and I will be among one of their first mind controlled soldiers.

Hive, just think about that for a moment if you are in any way into Star Trek, hive!

Lonestar

Veteran
Kitchen lights are on random timers plus a three hour timer and hallways are automatic.
Alexa has been pretty useless so far and my Wemo plug blew the main mcb when I was at work.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Automate as little as your home as is possible because when skynet becomes self aware there will be millions killed by their toasters, hoovers and other killer domestic appliances. This will be preceded by the 'brownout' years where skynet will switch off your oven halfway through you cooking dinner as previous gubberments failed to build any power stations.

I have a love hate relationship with technology, on one hand I refuse to get a smartphone and on the other I have an incredibly sophisticated bit of tech embedded in my chest which keeps my among the living. The defib / pacemaker is no doubt hackable by skynet and I will be among one of their first mind controlled soldiers.

Hive, just think about that for a moment if you are in any way into Star Trek, hive!
You might just have to set aside some time(saved elsewhere) to get yourself updated, nothing more.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's not so much the too lazy to adjust the thermostat, but surely too lazy to put on a fleece or jumper. Our thermostat has never changed in seven years, it's just the heating is either on or off and fleeces either on or off.

I am too lazy to trim the hedge properly because I hate the job, so I just tend to chainsaw off a couple of feet every so often. It soon grows back and has the advantage you can pick up branches rather than thousands of leaves.
You do your hedge with a chainsaw? Chapeaux, dood.

classic33

Leg End Member
By saving 10 minutes per day, every year you can save about
60 hours,
or 2 days,
or 7 eight-hour working days.

Top Bottom