time to p*** off the motorists again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
AFS, I never considered that you may also see me as a less deserving user of the road maybe you do, hmmm :biggrin:

element

ROFLMAO - fair enough - I think my experience might just trump Element's silly little tourist breaks (on mopeds, ffs), and hopefully do something to make him think about his perceptions of cyclists. :tongue:

Have you, Element, taken a motorbike from Scotland, down through Italy, up into Yugoslavia, and back - most of it in the worst rainstorm for 30 years. Kinda beats a bit of p***ing around on mopeds.

Have you driven from Cairo to Aswan, using both the main roads, and alternative routes using the other bank of the Nile? Or the Red Sea route? 30 years ago before the massive improvements due to tourism improved the road infrastructure? In a Renault 4? No? Oh dear; I have.

Have you used an ancient Chinese Flying Pigeon bike as your main transport for two years in an Egyptian city? No? Oh dear; I have. And I'll tell you for nothing - give me the choice between the mad (but systematic) craziness of Egyptian driving, and the casual, careless, stupid, self-righteous "I-pay-for-the-road" arrogance of an English (your choice of word) driver, and I'll take Egypt; every time.

Have you driven a 4x4 (Landrovers, Landcruisers, Daihatsus, Suzukis, and Nivas) extensively through, over, and around the mountains of SW Arabia, for years, as part of your job and for pleasure? Some on the few roads - but mostly on wildly unfriendly rock strewn "tracks". No? Oh dear - again, I have. Salt for the pwn - I got PAID for it :tongue:

Have you explored the Empty Quarter? How far did you get in? 4 days? No? Umm - do you even know where it is? Aye, but I have.

Have you driven extensively in the Sahel - again as part of your job and for pleasure, over several years; in desert, savannah, and forest; in dry season and wet season? No? Oh dear, I have - this is getting boring. More salt for the pwn - again, I was getting paid for it.

Can you rescue a 4x4 from a swamp? No? Pity - I've done it.

Have you managed a fleet of motorcycles, and the riders' personal safety, again in the Sahel for many years? No? Come on, you need to try harder.

Have you ridden 250cc motorbikes off-road in the Sahelian wet season, travelling around 60-70 isolated villages - again as part of your job and for pleasure? No? Oh dear, I have.

Have you driven 212km on the roads of Senegal with a dangerously ill member of your family - in 1 hour and 20 minutes? I thought not - the professional drivers on my staff refused to tackle the drive and insisted I do it cos I'd be better at it.

How better to show you're not just a troll, but an ignorant and stupid troll, who doesn't recognise a ******* great elephant trap set for him. :whistle:

Please continue to show your ignorance - it's getting quite enjoyable. But ffs, just remember that more than a few of the cyclists you think it's fun to troll and insult might just have more than enough driving experience to make you look like a total ****wit, who shouldn't have been allowed a provisional licence.

Thanks for your life story but all you have told me there is that you don't have alot of experience of driving in foreign cities on vulnerable transport. My eight month trip in south asia is described as a 'silly little tourist trip' interesting point of view but there is no accounting for ignorance. You seem incapable of drawing the distiniction bettween words so let me help you, I spent most of my time in asia not all of my time on 125's this is because in some countries when you do have larger bikes you get in trouble with the police. I think its funny that you take your exact trips as a barometer for driving experience. As it happens I have not ridden from Scotland to Yugoslavia in the rain but I have ridden from England to Tallinn in December and by comparison your jaunt was a piece of cake.
I have also driven a few thousand KM in Egypt and found it had very good roads and reasonable drivers compared to south asia so what is your point ?
I cannot see what relevance your 4x4 driving has or is it just a bit of insecure willy waving , I made a point that the driving in England is good, I base this on my experiences in many countries most notable south east asia where the largest vehicle has right of way and the smalllest either moves or gets run over. 33000 deaths a year in Vietnam on the road, 3000 in the UK and remember that is with a much higher rate of car ownership here . You have piped up with your life story thanks but I never felt the need to list the number of countires I have droven in, I am not that insecure.
The roads in the UK are of exceptionally good quality and they are very safe. I can tell you that as a fact based plenty of sataistics and my own experience.
To the guy who thinks Poland has good drivers, own experince of driving and riding motorobikes there I found that the driving there was terrible. A quick google revealed the extremely high casualty rates on the roadsin Poland and serious drink driving issues.
I think its funny that people have resorted to out and out lies to try and prove a point to me, you are just embarrasing yourselves. All that resorting to petty insults justs make people look desperate when they know they are losing an argument .
I will repeat again as the brian cell count on here is pretty low, The roads here are safe, the drivers here are good, the quality of the roads here is very good. You can argue all you want but by any international level or comparison those are facts.
If cyclists want to ride on roads paid for by car drivers then they should be Insured taxed and tested. I am a cyclist and quite happy to follow the regulations that are applicable to car drivers so why not the rest of you ? I can answer that myself, its becuase the militant non car driving cyclist brigade they think the whole of the roads system has to move around them, despite their lack of contribution.
Plenty of you miserable bastards need to cheer up and realise how good you have it instead of whining bitching and complaining all the time.

I

So Element, do you have your bicycle taxed, tested and insured?

Or is it that you own a motor vehicle, and consider your use of the road on your bicycle fully covered under the taxes paid on your car?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
So Element, do you have your bicycle taxed, tested and insured?

Or is it that you own a motor vehicle, and consider your use of the road on your bicycle fully covered under the taxes paid on your car?

If you own a bigger car does that give you more right to cycle on the road than a Prius owner? :biggrin:

element

If you own a bigger car does that give you more right to cycle on the road than a Prius owner? :biggrin:

Yes considering the horrific impact on the planet the manufacture of the prius has I think that the owners should be taxed at the highest rate of VED possible. Owners of 4.6 litre V8 landrovers should be given tax free motoring naturally.

Yes considering the horrific impact on the planet the manufacture of the prius has I think that the owners should be taxed at the highest rate of VED possible. Owners of 4.6 litre V8 landrovers should be given tax free motoring naturally.

So you can not excuse the high pollution costs upon the initial creation of what is considered to be one of the greatest advances in automotive history of the past ten years even though the pollution costs of its production today are significantly less than they were ten years ago and will continue to reduce as the Prius and indeed other vehicles like the Prius gain in popularity.

Are you aware that every vehicle incurs costs upon production also? Be those costs financial, pollutant or both, as in the cases of most, however with time and volume these costs are greatly reduced through efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom