Time to say cheerio to my Rourke frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
The initial quote to refurb the frame was £340

This was to repair the dent in the top tube and to replace the two brazed on cable ferrules on the top tube and the one by the rear mech for the newer split type. Trying to source the older type cable ends to fit the ferrules on the frame was getting increasingly difficult. So while it was being resprayed after getting the dent repaired, it made sense to get them changed for the more modern design.

Also replace the two older type downtube shifter stop lugs and replace them with a more sleek modern and smaller cable adjuster.

There are also a couple of very tiny (and I mean tiny!) pin holes in the weld the rear of the seat tube/chain stay right at the top. In fairness they have been there since day one, but they have always niggled me, so those are getting filled to!

The chain pip and pump pip, I've removed myself together with the two little cable tubes under the bottom bracket. Ive also drilled and tapped the bottom bracket shell and fitted the plastic cable guide. So a little bit of money saved there?

That quoted price included painting the frame and forks in a nice, single flame red colour, nothing fancy this time around!

Looking ahead, I decided to get the headset replaced as the old one was donkeys years old and although the bearing seemed to be okay it made sense (to me at least) that while it was all stripped down, to replace it. Therefore, adding another a further £95 for a complete Hope headset, supplied and fitted.

Of course, it now turns out that the forks are scrap, so no choice but to order a new set, so I've just ordered a pair of Dolan Alpina full carbon ones c/w mudguard eyes, adding another £254.97 to the growing total.:ohmy:

So much for me telling SWMBO that it would only be a cheap refurb.......:whistle:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
If all goes to plan, it should look similar to this?

But as well as having ROURKE on the downtube, it will be on the seat tube and also on the leading edge of the forks. The BR decal on the headtube will be all black as opposed to coloured as shown.

Rourke Red II.jpg

Top Bottom